UMIK-1 sensitivity

Wei Lin

Registered
Hi,

I would like to use UMIK-1 to measure SPL with my Python code, but I can not find the sensitivity of UMIK-1, nor in its datasheet of its calibration file.

In its calibration file there is one line saying "Sens Factor =-0.667dB", but it doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder how REW calculates the sensitivity of UMIK-1 from "Sens Factor" ?

Thanks

Wei

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The sens factor figure is the rms input level from the mic in dBFS when driven by a 94 dB calibrator with the mic input volume set to maximum. Note for that purpose the dBFS reading is based on a full scale sine being -3.01 dBFS, not 0 dBFS. The actual OS input volume gain/attenuation needs to be accounted for when converting mic rms dBFS levels to SPL.

cadillacfella

Registered
The sens factor figure is the rms input level from the mic in dBFS when driven by a 94 dB calibrator with the mic input volume set to maximum. Note for that purpose the dBFS reading is based on a full scale sine being -3.01 dBFS, not 0 dBFS. The actual OS input volume gain/attenuation needs to be accounted for when converting mic rms dBFS levels to SPL.
I have a Dayton Audio Omnimic V2. REW sees there is a cal file, but tells me the mic is not recognized and will not load the sens factor. Any thoughts on what to do?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW would usually recognise an Omnimic, assuming you have selected it as the input device in your REW soundcard preferences. How are your soundcard preferences set up? Maybe post a screenshot.

Top Bottom