Mcintosh MA 8950
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
LG Blue-Ray
Front Speakers
Dynaudio Evoke 50, Focal Kanta 2
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
Hello,
I am a beginner in this area for measuring my room acoustics for speakers. I purchased Emm6 mic. As a voltage source for the mic I wan to use Behringer mixer (Xenics Q802 USB) which I already owned for Zoom recording with laptop.
1.Is it right that I use Behringer mixer (Q802 USB) as a phantom voltage source for the mic for REW measurement? Because
2. In the detected input device on REW, I do not see emm6 as identified device. Instead, I see USB Codex which is the Behringer mixer's name.
Should I see the EMM 6 instead to use this mic in the input device window? If not, would a Focusrite Solo( that REW recommended on the first page) works better than Behringer mixer? I though any voltage source would do, but I am not sure for the reason I mentioned above.
Thanks,
Don

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW (or anything else) can only see the interface, there's no way to know what you have plugged into it. The Q802 phantom power is fine for the EMM-6.

4Bettersonar

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR X1400H
Main Amp
Mcintosh MA 8950
LG Blue-Ray
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
REW (or anything else) can only see the interface, there's no way to know what you have plugged into it. The Q802 phantom power is fine for the EMM-6.
Okay, I see. Thank you for the answer. So you are saying if I used Focusrite as an interface ( for phantom power source) with EMM 6, then the REW input device would show Focusrite instead of Emm6. Am I right?
Don

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, though device names can sometimes be a bit more generic and don't always include the manufacturer's name.

4Bettersonar

Registered
More  
Denon AVR X1400H
Main Amp
Mcintosh MA 8950
LG Blue-Ray
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
Okay, Thank you. This completes my questions. You have answered all my questions perfectly and I do appreciate it.

DanDan

Staff member
Use the Focusrite. Behringer will make your hair and teeth fall out.

4Bettersonar

Registered
More  
Denon AVR X1400H
Main Amp
Mcintosh MA 8950
LG Blue-Ray
Front Speakers
Subwoofers