True Time Domain (TTD) correction - with and without 'per driver' selected

2234rew

Hi Bernt @juicehifi

Very happy you've moved to this forum - much better that the Google forum.

Especially tagging people and uploading attachments etc.

In one thread you wrote "And often it is best to do time domain correction is only done on the whole speaker."

So from this comment, as a general comment/advice, would you recommend NOT ticking the 'TTD per driver' option?

Thanks!

jjazdk

It is interesting.

I would have thought that "TTD per driver" would be the best, as each driver then had "perfect phase" behaviour before all the drivers are summed

Mitchco

Not Bernt, but from the PDF help file:

"When digital crossovers are handled by Audiolense, the correction is made in two steps. First each driver is time frequency corrected individually, then the sum of the individual drivers are corrected as a combined unit.

When True Time Domain Correction is checked, the whole speaker will be time domain corrected as one single entity. This is the only TTD option for passive speakers. The option “TTD Correction per driver” will also be visible when digital crossovers are used. Checking this option will also time domain correct each driver individually before the speaker is assembled and corrected as a whole. The experience so far is that it varies from system to system whether this option is beneficial or not."

In the case of my tri-amped digital XO system, I use TTD and TTD per driver which produced the best results, both measurement and sound wise. I would recommend trying filters with and without TTD per driver and select which one sounds best to you.

Top Bottom