Time Phase alignment

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not sure what role Out32 plays then. Out 31 should be routed to Aux 5 (L), Out 30 to Aux 6(R). Timing Ref in REW is set to Out 31. To measure left select Out 31 as output in REW, to measure right select Out 30 as output.

Joerg Schulte

Not sure what role Out32 plays then. Out 31 should be routed to Aux 5 (L), Out 30 to Aux 6(R). Timing Ref in REW is set to Out 31. To measure left select Out 31 as output in REW, to measure right select Out 30 as output.
What about Delay on Aux5. If i set delay on aux5 maybe the time sweep(Out 31) is also delayed = System failiure?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not a system failure, but you would be moving the reference so all measurements before the shift would show valid timing relative to one another, as would all measurements after, but comparing measurements that had different references (one from before the delay was added, one from after) could get a bit confusing.

Joerg Schulte

I think i put another Speaker on the system for time sweep. Otherwise i let the timesweep on Aux6 Right Speaker, cause it is more away from Mic and needs no Delay. I wonder nobody tried it before and wrote some lines about.....- I´ll try it tomorrow

AudiocRaver

Senior Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
Main Amp
Crown XLS 1502 DriveCore-2 (x2 as monoblock)
Additional Amp
Behringer A500 Reference Power Amplifier
Front Speakers
MartinLogan Electromotion ESL Electrostatic (x2)
Center Channel Speaker
Phantom Center
Surround Speakers
NSM Audio Model 5 2-Way (x2)
Subwoofers
JBL ES150P Powered Subwoofer (x2)
It is not the cleanest approach, but you could manually switch the audio path with an audio-video switch that goes to both channels. After the timing chirp, quickly switch the outpout from the L to the R channel. I think that would work.

Harerton Dourado

Registered
No, not saying that, dual channel FFT is just what allows a system to use an arbitrary test signal like music instead of predefined test signals like sweeps and pink noise. There is little in the way of acoustic measurement that can't be done with REW, although I always have a long list of things to add and improve :)

John,

Dual channel FFT would be a great addition to REW! Hope it´s high on your to do list :-)

Thanks for the good work!

Harerton

Top Bottom