The Klipsch | McLaren Legends Series Expands Unique Market Relationship

full?d=1674826361.jpg

(January 27, 2023) Ask any enthusiast to describe the Klipsch "look," and you're likely to hear references to the company's copper-tone drivers, rich wood grains, and woven cloth grilles, all of which drip with yesteryear aesthetics. There's an earthy, classic feel to most materials Klipsch incorporates into its products, one that draws on a sense of nostalgia and a time when products were forged by the hands of dedicated artisans.

The company's most recent announcement, a speaker line heavily influenced by its partnership with McLaren Racing, sizzles with a modern flair that still harkens back to days of yore. The two companies have collaborated to combine McLaren's speed and flashy presence with Klispch's obsession with high-fidelity audio. The Klipsch | McLaren Legends Series is tattooed with markings from Bruce McLaren's #5 car that he drove to victory in 1958, capturing the title of the youngest Grand Prix winner in history.

The One II McLaren Edition
full?d=1674826361.jpg

The portable Klipsch The One II McLaren Edition tabletop speaker embodies the luxurious Formula 1 style without compromising on sound quality. This powered 60-watt 2.1 stereo system is biamplified with two 2.25” full range drivers and a 4.5” woofer. Featuring Bluetooth® wireless technology, it can pair with devices in just a few clicks or connect via 3.5mm analog audio cable through the additional input. The One II McLaren Edition will be available March 2023 (US MSRP $349 ea.).

Nines McLaren Edition
full?d=1674826361.jpg

The all-new Klipsch Nines McLaren Edition powered monitors deliver high resolution 192kHz/24-bit decoding, room-filling sound without taking up much space thanks to built-in ultra-low noise amplifiers that have been custom designed to maximize performance without external amplification. Proprietary Tractrix® technology along with 8” long-throw ported woofers deliver precise, efficient sound and powerful bass no matter the volume. Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless technology effortlessly syncs to preferred devices, the Nines McLaren Edition also come equipped with an integrated phono preamp, HDMI-ARC, digital optical, analog RCA and USB inputs, allowing you to enjoy superior stereo sound from any source. The free Klipsch Connect App provides EQ customization, over-the-air firmware updates, quick setup guide videos, one-tap support, and product registration. Available now (US MSRP $1,899 ea.).

Forte McLaren Edition
full?d=1674826361.jpg

The Klipsch Forte McLaren Edition floorstanding loudspeaker hosts a three-way design utilizing a K-702 horn-loaded midrange driver mated to a modified Tractrix® horn (featuring Klipsch patented Mumps technology), a 1” titanium diaphragm high frequency driver, and a 12” woofer with passive a 15” sub-bass radiator. The premium aluminum input panel accommodates large speaker cables while the strong, high quality binding posts provide the capability for bi-amping. The Forte McLaren Edition features grain-matched wood veneer panels hand crafted in Hope, AK and wrapped in papaya colored vinyl. These high efficiency full range loudspeakers will be available January 2023 (US MSRP $10,998 pr.).

MCL-905 McLaren Edition
full?d=1674826361.png

The largest of the series, the all-new Klipsch MCL-905 McLaren Edition speaker delivers unbridled dynamics and intense realism akin to movie theater performances. In fact, this is the first time this Klipsch professional cinema speaker has been tailored for home use. A 3” titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to a K-691 horn handles high frequencies while dual 15” K-45 composite woofers provide bass punch from the cabinet which is hand built in Hope, AK. Advanced Tractrix® horn technology creates a large soundstage fit for any paddock, man cave, or garage. Only 25 pairs of the Klipsch MCL-905 McLaren Edition will be made and are available March 2023 (US MSRP $15,998 pr.).

The new Klipsch McLaren Edition products are available through authorized retailers and at Klipsch.com. To learn more about the Klipsch brand and its products, visit Klipsch.com.

Last edited:

Travis Ballstadt

Administrator
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem AVM60
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX 5
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA-500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB
Front Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Reference Cinema
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
Front Height Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Angled Satellite
Rear Height Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Angled Satellite
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000 x2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Unfolded Circle Remote 2, powered by HomeAssistant
Streaming Equipment
PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
These types of crossover releases have always been fascinating to me, in terms of “who is the audience for this?” It always feels more like a co-marketing stunt to put two brand names into print more than an effort to sell a product.

I’m guessing they are made to order, and sales volume is relatively minuscule, but I could be wrong. It’s happened before, a couple times.

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
I've always had a real special love for this company. I was born in 67 and grew up in a home with a pair of classic Klipschorns. My dad purchased them new when he was in college in the 60s. Growing up, they always just towered over me and I was always completely fascinated with them. They later became our mains for my dad's early HT in the late 70s. Oddly, I've never owned any pair of Klipsch-branded speakers myself. I actually fell in love with Martin Logan in the 80s during high school. :)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I totally get the nostalgia pull for you. Hard to shake things from your youth!

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
If they were in a PX or BX, I'll bet the price was right!

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
Actually, it was not. For my time 1988-92, our particular base BX at RAF Upper Heyford had great low-end to mid-range multi-region tv and video options. For everything else, we had a separate HiFi/Photo/Video shop. It was called the Heyford Audio/Photo Retail Outlet, in Building 529 and it was a large retail space. I believe it was still managed by the Air Force MWR as it was in US dollars and still tax-free. The staff was all UK civilians. They carried and or could order just about every brand available at the time; 80s/90s. During my 5 years stationed there, I purchased so much. A VHS-C video camera kit, with a 12" portable multi-region tv/monitor to record 100s of concerts, etc, Sony multi-region S-VHS deck to record days of John Peel radio, etc. :) (every TV and VHS/Betamax deck sold on base overseas was multi-region/voltage) a Nak Dragon and dual Denon cassette decks, LP12, two AVRs, one Linn integrated amp, and endless cables, speakers, etc. A replacement ampro projector after my beat-down DRMO unit died. For warranty repairs on anything, etc. we still had to go into Oxford or London. When I was TDY to Hawaii, Germany and Japan, a Navel NEX, and an Air Force BX had the classic Klipsch options. Good times. Today as far as any HIFI and video stateside, the BX, PX, NEX, etc are just a shadow of what they used to be. It's just ok overseas with splashes of impressive inventory and options. I actually just retired from the Air Force last Dec. :sun:Cheers.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Top Bottom