The All-New SR7013 Headlines Marantz’s Pre-CEDIA Launch Announcement

The All-New SR7013 Headlines Marantz’s Pre-CEDIA Launch Announcement

full?d=1533325930.png

(Marantz) Marantz's SR7013 offers several upgrades over last year's model.
(August 8, 2018) Marantz is officially prepped and ready for CEDIA 2018 with the recent announcement of three new SR-Series receiver models. Last week, the company officially revealed details about the US launch of its SR7013 ($2199), SR6013 ($1499), and SR5013 ($999) AVRs; the SR5013 and SR6013 are shipping now, while the SR7013 is scheduled to ship in September. The company hasn’t released any information about an SR8012 refresh, however it held that particular native 11-channel performer close to its chest last fall, waiting until a CEDIA media event for an exciting reveal.

Much like the SR7012 (reviewed here), the SR7013 carries 9 channels of amplification (125 watts per channel, 8 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 2 channels driven) for native Atmos systems as large as 5.2.4 or 7.2.2, with onboard processing allowing two channels of external amplification for arrangements up to 7.2.4. And, once again, Auro 3D ships unlocked, giving owners access to the immersive sound trifecta of Atmos, Auro-3D, and DTS:X. This is particularly exciting because it grants new model owners the ability to experience both Auro-2D and 3D audio processing out of the box, the former of which is a formidable competitor to stereo up-mixing solutions offered by Dolby and DTS.

Internally, Marantz says the SR7013 features high-current discrete power amps on all channels, with the company’s Hyper Dynamic Amplification Module (HDAM) circuitry lending to an extremely clean and pure sound quality. For enthusiasts looking for Hi-Res functionality, the SR7013 can decode up to 24-bit/192 kHz ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files along with DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz, further lending to audio purity.

On the HDMI front, all eight of the SR7013’s HDMI inputs support 4K video functionality, with the notable inclusion of Dolby Vision and HLG high dynamic range passthrough. And, coming later this year, a firmware release will unlock eARC and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) on two inputs. eARC (which allows for transmission of object-based audio from a TV to an AVR over HDMI) and ALLM (which switches the AVR to low latency mode when connected to Xbox One and supported TVs) are both HDMI 2.1 specification features, but it’s unclear if any of Marantz’s 2018 AVR models carry true HDMI 2.1 chip sets. We’ve reached out to the manufacturer and will relay any information as it becomes available.

The SR7013 ships with the full Audyssey Platinum package, which features Audyssey’s top-flight MultEQ XT32 room correction suite and both Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ. Owners can buy an optional Audyssey MultEQ editor app ($20, iOS/Android) to unlock a customizable room correction experience.

All three new AVRs can tap wireless music services using Bluetooth, the free HEOS app, and Apple’s brand-new AirPlay 2 technology. Airplay 2 is a revised version of Apple’s popular AirPlay tech, allowing users to stream audio to multiple devices and multiple rooms in a home. Additionally, popular services such as Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, TuneIn, TIDAL, Amazon Music, and Deezer have onboard support with control via Amazon Alexa and HEOS.

“For more than 65 years, Marantz has produced some of the purest sounding and most visually stunning products for music lovers, critical listeners and home theater buffs worldwide,” said Emmanuel Millot, global brand director at Marantz. “The latest additions to the SR-series receivers continue building on that legacy of exceptional home entertainment experiences by adding in technologies that consumers care about most, including 3D immersive audio, Apple Airplay 2 and stunning visual pass-through capabilities.”

AV NIRVANA will have full coverage of Marantz’s new receivers at CEDIA 2018.

Last edited:
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.32 AVB
Main Amp
Digital Amp Company Cherry MEGASchino MONO's
Additional Amp
Digital Amp Company Cherry Maraschino's
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
HTPC
Front Speakers
JTR Speakers Noesis 215RM
Center Channel Speaker
JTR Speakers Noesis 215RM
Surround Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Front Height Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Subwoofers
4 ea JTR Speakers Captivator S2's
Other Speakers or Equipment
Infinite Baffle - 8 Acoustic Elegance IB15 drivers
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-NX7
Screen
Seymour AV Retractable CenterStage XD
The SR6013 and the SR5013 are already shipping. I'm delivering an SR5013 today to a customer.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Thanks @Michael Boeker, my PR contact had said all in September, but since you have actual boots on the ground, I've made a change to the news story above! :T

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
I’ve been very satisfied with my sr7010. I’ve never had any HDMI issues so knock on wood.

Randy L

Great article Todd! You are so good at writing these things. I love to read them, thanks!

Just bought a Marantz SR7012 (2017) based on your earlier review. And wow! what a sophisticated sound for music. (My preference over movies). In fact I loved it so much I went out and bought a second one during our recent major price drop. (Dropped $1,200 here in Canada this month!)

Question. I've been noticing that Marantz has been advertising that an HDAM is now included on the Phono input of the new 7013. Do you know if this was also true of the 7012 as well? Sometimes things aren't advertised one year, then magically show up the next year in marketing materials. But they've been there all along... The SR7013 doesn't seem to offer anything above and beyond the SR7012. (Accept maybe this Phono HDAM thing, and possibly Alexa?)

Finally. Do you know if the SR7012 offers Alexa integration as well as the SR7013?

Thanks again Todd. It's guys like you that make the internet so much fun to visit :)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Hey @Randy L ! My apologies for the delayed response. First off, thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate it, and thanks for coming to hang out here at AV NIRVANA!

First off, great choice on the 7012... and with the discount you got a KILLER deal! Don't look back!

I've reached out to Marantz per your phono question... not sure of the answer, but I suspect it's a new 2018 add-on. Other than that, Marantz may only offer eARC and low latency on the 7013.

And, yes, since the 7012 carries HEOS, it's alexa compatible!

Randy L

Hey @Randy L ! My apologies for the delayed response. First off, thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate it, and thanks for coming to hang out here at AV NIRVANA!

First off, great choice on the 7012... and with the discount you got a KILLER deal! Don't look back!

I've reached out to Marantz per your phono question... not sure of the answer, but I suspect it's a new 2018 add-on. Other than that, Marantz may only offer eARC and low latency on the 7013.

And, yes, since the 7012 carries HEOS, it's alexa compatible!
Thanks for your response Todd! ... And I appreciate your reaching out to Marantz on my behalf concerning the Phono HDAM question... And by the way, my 7012 also received the eARC and low latency (Apple Airplay2) update! So the gap between the 7012 and the 7013 is really really small! Makes me feel better since I bought two! :)

Honestly the richest most sophisticated sound I've ever achieved! (Using ELAC UniFi-UB5 3-way bookshelf speakers with a 10" ELAC sub.) Apartment living, you know. :)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
Well you’re 2-steps ahead of me! ;-)

Even if the 7013 has a tweaked phono stage, my guess is it would be difficult to hear a striking difference in sound quality.

Have you played around with the Audyssey app? Definitely worth your time, if you haven’t.

Sounds like you have a nice set-up... perhaps you need one more 7012 (three’s company, afterall). :-)

Randy L

Well you’re 2-steps ahead of me! ;-)

Even if the 7013 has a tweaked phono stage, my guess is it would be difficult to hear a striking difference in sound quality.

Have you played around with the Audyssey app? Definitely worth your time, if you haven’t.

Sounds like you have a nice set-up... perhaps you need one more 7012 (three’s company, afterall). :-)
Absolutely! Over the last several months I am slowly becoming an audyssey expert! Lol, self-appointed Anyway. :-) I spent much time on the forums learning as much as I can. And calibrating over and over again learning exactly how it works and how to maximize the results. I even joined the offical Facebook Audyssey forum so I could speak directly with Chris k , one of The Originators of audyssey , about how to use it properly. There's quite a lot to it once you get past the surface. I even bought a microphone to use with Room EQ Wizard in order to verify what's going on in my room and make small tweaks. It's been quite an education. And it's all been further fuled by your article, and the Marantz SR7012!

So as silly as this may sound, I really need to thank you for posting that article. It was instrumental to a whole new direction in my life. something that has proved deeply satisfying and rewarding. :-)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
You are most welcome! Glad you found it/us!

If you have a chance, maybe you can start an Audyssey thread and share some details about what you’ve learned. I’m sure others would benefit from it.

I’ll update here if/when I hear back from my contact at Marantz.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
Absolutely! Over the last several months I am slowly becoming an audyssey expert! Lol, self-appointed Anyway. :-) I spent much time on the forums learning as much as I can. And calibrating over and over again learning exactly how it works and how to maximize the results. I even joined the offical Facebook Audyssey forum so I could speak directly with Chris k , one of The Originators of audyssey , about how to use it properly. There's quite a lot to it once you get past the surface. I even bought a microphone to use with Room EQ Wizard in order to verify what's going on in my room and make small tweaks. It's been quite an education. And it's all been further fuled by your article, and the Marantz SR7012!

So as silly as this may sound, I really need to thank you for posting that article. It was instrumental to a whole new direction in my life. something that has proved deeply satisfying and rewarding. :-)

@Randy L haven't forgotten about you... I did get a response from Marantz, but their explanation left me a question that I'm confirming.

Randy L

@Randy L haven't forgotten about you... I did get a response from Marantz, but their explanation left me a question that I'm confirming.
Thanks Todd. I appreciate your getting back to me. Hopefully Marantz will clarify your\my question(s).

BTW. I downloaded Dirac room correction (free version) last night, and Wow! what an improvement over Audyssey XT32! ... Now I'm considering purchasing it... Seems like a waste since I've already paid for XT32 in my twin SR7012's. Since I mainly listen to a 2.1 system maybe I should return them (I still have a couple of days) and get instead a couple of receivers, or amps with video capability. Although I did get a pretty deep discount for the Marantz'.

All my sources come from a PC... Any suggestions here. I have until Friday. :)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
Ok... HDAM is on the phone stage of both the 7012 and 7013. Final answer straight from Marantz!

Randy L

Ok... HDAM is on the phone stage of both the 7012 and 7013. Final answer straight from Marantz!
Thanks Todd! Awesome news. Better to have it than to not have it. :) ... By the way, remember when I told you that I bought two SR7012's here in Canada for the discounted price of $1,800? Well guess what. They just went on an even better sale! $999.99! And amazingly I am still within the 30 day price protection window!!! ... So, somehow I managed to get 2 SR7012's that normally retail for $2,999.99 for only $999.99 each! - (Canada)

Best audio deal I've ever made! ... Sorry, just had to tell someone who would understand, lol. :)

Top Bottom