Vekke

Registered
I have been testing tall and narrow tires on Tesla Model Y to reduce energy consumption 10% and at the same make car much queter.

I have the UMIK-1 and rew software. I think havent found the best way to measure the "room background" noise. I have used the sweep function, but so that I put speakers out.
Mic has been in the center console pointing up. i used 90 degree calibration file

Measurements are done at 100km/h speed.

How would you do the measurement to get best results, what filtering etc.
Within few weeks there will come more testing with more tires and would like to find out which setup in the tests would be best
Model Y noise comparison.jpg

Vekke

Registered
Yesterday was a test day. Did 500m long measurements with RTA mode. It only records the peaks?. Is is somewhere possible to measure also averages for that distance or is that dBa average for the distance in the small window top right on each picture? There was the line for also for whats current/spectrum levels but I was not able to get it to draw a line of average, which might tell better picture what is the actual noise levels. Peak comes from bumbs etc...
22560r18 hakkapeliitta r5 suv.jpg

How this could have higher dB value than the 255/45R19 even the peaks are higher in that next picture?
25545r19 melut 80kmh peak.jpg

25555r18 cvc7 5mmpintaa.jpg

Is it possible to save those in other than pictures so you could overlay those in the program?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is it possible to save those in other than pictures so you could overlay those in the program?
Yes, you can use the Save buttons above the graph.
1703763805654.png

It only records the peaks?. Is is somewhere possible to measure also averages for that distance or is that dBa average for the distance in the small window top right on each picture? There was the line for also for whats current/spectrum levels but I was not able to get it to draw a line of average, which might tell better picture what is the actual noise levels.
No, it captures the peak and the averaged current spectrum. If you don't select the spectrum trace for the graph it won't be in the images you capture. Averaging is configured in the graph controls.

Top Bottom