Subwoofers
Dual SVS SB13 Ultra with Amp upgrade
Video Display Device
BenQ LK990
Screen
DaLite 160 inch Diagonal
Streaming Equipment
Nvidia Shield Pro
A few weeks ago, I finally purchased and installed the subwoofer upgrade kit into my two SVS SB13 Ultra subwoofers. A wife approved Christmas present to myself. I've owned these subwoofers for several years and they have served me well. When the upgrade kit was announced, I put off the upgrade. I just wasn't sure if it was worth it. A recent SVS Virtual Happy Hour YouTube video featured one of their engineers, Smith, who designed the upgrade kit modeled after the 4000 series subwoofers. What he said got me hooked and I ordered the upgrade. WOW! What a great improvement. Here is what SVS highlighted:
  • SVS Subwoofer DSP and control smartphone app
  • 1,200 watts RMS, 4,000+ watts Peak power amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output
  • 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP
  • Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) and ground loop isolation
I love using my phone to control the subwoofers. I always hated having to get up and look behind them (using the tiny LED screen) to adjust volume & settings. They measure way better now using REW. I am a classical music lover and bought the subs for their superior music reproduction. I am not disappointed. Deep bass instruments now blend in much better with my multichannel speaker system. Bass notes (for instance a double bass) is tight with excellent transients. Not boomy at all. As an added bonus, I get a new 5 year warranty on the amp. If you own a 13 Ultra, this $400 upgrade gives you a virtually new subwoofer.

Marcus
Las Vegas, NV

Jeff Jubie

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Integra 80.6
Main Amp
Rotel
Additional Amp
Rotel
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Pioneer Elite
Front Speakers
B&W 805
Center Channel Speaker
B&W HTM4
Surround Speakers
B&W CWM DS8/8180
Surround Back Speakers
B&W ccm 80
Front Height Speakers
32”
Rear Height Speakers
48”
Subwoofers
SVS PB4000
Video Display Device
Epson 5040UB
Screen
Screen Innovations Black Diamond
Remote Control
Crestron
I made the same upgrade about 6 months ago, my ultra was about 10 years old with 10 of thousands of hours of use. Best $400 I’ve ever spent on my Theater equipment. The remote control app is the best thing about the upgrade.
I see you have all SVS speakers, very nice.

Top Bottom