SVS’s New 8K Ultra High-Speed 2.1a Certified SoundPath HDMI Cable: Backward Compatible, Forward Looking!

full?d=1656348181.jpg

(June 25, 2019) SVS’s stable of SoundPath accessories is gaining a new member. This time, however, the audio giant is giving the video side of the home theater world a nod with its first-ever HDMI cable. Crafted to support the latest HDMI 2.1a specification and graced with 8K Ultra High-Speed Certification, this latest SoundPath accessory can handle current and future AV demands without compromise.

The 48Gbps bandwidth capability of the SoundPath Ultra HDMI makes it a worthy conduit for pristine 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video with High Dynamic Range, along with video resolutions up to 10K. It also offers access to 2.1a features such as eARC audio, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), making it a long-term solution for hardcore video gamers, home theater enthusiasts, and casual users simply looking to add higher levels of performance to a 4K or 8K HDTV experience.

Because it’s backward compatible, the SoundPath Ultra HDMI cable can be used with legacy 2.0 and 1.4 systems. It’s also a great option for video sources with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D, and IMAX Enhanced audio tracks.

Like other SoundPath accessories, SVS poured attention and detail into materials and engineering. Internally, five pairs of high purity OFC pure copper conductors ensure lossless signal transfer, while 24K gold-plated connectors provide optimal conductivity at the point of contact. The jacket features an aluminum alloy braided mylar shield in an HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) that eliminates interference, while an anodized aircraft-grade aluminum shell adds durability along with a densely braided easy-grip cotton sheath. The result is an attractive, quality-looking product; if cabling and interconnect aesthetics are important to your AV rig, SoundPath should be high on your list.

SVS SoundPath Ultra HDMI Cables are available now in lengths ranging from one to three meters, starting at $29.99 each. All cables are covered by a 5-Year Unconditional Warranty.

Additional Image
full?d=1656348181.jpg

ebrumbaugh

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-3700H
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 3
Other Amp
PremaLuna Evo 300 Tube Integrated Amp for 2-chnl
Computer Audio
iTunes via AppleTV 4K
DAC
Denafrips Aries II R2R DAC
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X800M2
Front Speakers
SVS Ultra Towers
Center Channel Speaker
SVS Ultra Center
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelves
Surround Back Speakers
Polk Audio LSi M702 f/x
Front Height Speakers
Polk Audio MC80 in ceiling
Rear Height Speakers
Polk Audio MC80 in ceiling
Subwoofers
Dual SVS PB-3000 Pros
Other Speakers or Equipment
Polk RTi A9s / GoldenEar Triton Fives & Aon 2s
Video Display Device
Sony XR-77A80J
Streaming Equipment
AppleTV 4K, StreamTV
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix, AppleTV, Discovery+, Prime, Curiosity Stream, HBO Max, Hulu, StreamTV, Qobuz, and Apple Music
Other Equipment
Valencia Tuscany XL theater seating;
SVS has some great cables at a good price. Thanks Todd, definitely something to be on look out for. I'd watched a video from Sound United a month or so before SVS announced their new cables that talked about how the HDMI 2.1 specification didn't necessarily mean you were getting a 48Gbps bandwidth capable cable. Basically saying you need to ensure that what you were buying stated it is certified for 8K, 48Gbps, etc. Checked my HDMIs, all were "hi-speed", but none were the certified ones, so I went through and changed out every HDMI in my 7.2.4 and media/gaming setups. The AppleTV 4Ks are now set for 4K Dolby Vision, PS5 is configured for VRR, etc. ... the nice thing about it is that with the 48Gbps bandwidth, you're basically future proofing your connections given that bandwidth availability for a fairly inexpensive price. Thanks again.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I agree. And what you’re saying is absolutely correct.
Most people, for the time being, are probably fine with 2.0 cables. But, I wouldn’t buy anything other than 48G 2.1 going forward. Especially if you’re pulling cables.

I have a 2.0 long run fiber optic cable that runs through a conduit from my rack to my projector. It works fine… but I’m dreading the day I have to replace it. My conduit jammed the last time I pulled two XLR cables through it, which means there’s zero chance I can replace that HDMI cable without cutting dry wall :-(

Just a heads up, we’re going to have a giveaway coming up with SVS for one of their cables. Stay tuned!

Top Bottom