Front Speakers
Canton RCL
Center Channel Speaker
2x Canton RCL
Surround Speakers
Canton RCL
Video Display Device
BenQ Beamer
My system is now preliminarily equalized.
I see (RTA) and feel down to 30hz from 6 loudspeakers, below 500 Hz all is good, possibly too much boosted but on a good way. I still have severe room modes, but then I go with Toole: 2 ears and a brain sort it out.
I have the loudspeaker parallel to the wall, which I can not change. Hence I am sitting 40deg off the center line for the main speakers. Meaning I should probably compensate for the loss from that offset. Having done this, I notice a strong coloration as the system was tweaking the higher frequencies but not quite successfully. What should I do there? Some kind of 0deg measurement moving the mic sideways and look at that move out effect? Any hints?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is best not to apply EQ above a few hundred Hz, and if you do then apply the same filters to both speakers in each pairing.

JoachimStrobel

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Parasound PSP 1500, NanoAvr HDA
Main Amp
Parasound HCA 1200
Additional Amp
2x Parasound HCA 1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103D, Parasound CDP1000 & DAC2000
Front Speakers
Canton RCL
Center Channel Speaker
2x Canton RCL
Surround Speakers
Canton RCL
Video Display Device
BenQ Beamer
John,
How would I combine EQ parameters for individual loudspeakers up 300Hz and then loudspeaker groups for above 300Hz?
This would mean calculating EQ first for each speaker below 300Hz and then do it again above 300Hz for left and right together (for example). I have a NanoAvr that has 10 bands. I seem not to be able to tell REW to use 7 bands for below 500Hz and then another 3 for above 300hz or add those manually? Or how should I do that?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Manually, if at all. Outside the low frequency range we mainly hear the direct sound from the speakers, so any EQ applied should be aimed at features of the speaker, not its behaviour in the room.

Top Bottom