Stepped sine at descending level causes stepped measurement to become inaccessible

keantoken

If I set the starting level in stepped sine to 0dbFS and the end level to -40dbFS, it gives me an array out of bounds error and then next time I click the stepped sine button, it just gives me the error again and I can't open the window. Even after starting REW I still can't get to the stepped sine measurement again.

I do think it ought to support descending level because starting at the highest level means that the equipment is cool to begin with, whereas if you start at the lowest level you get gradual heat soak.

keantoken

I can't find any config files in the REW directory that will allow me to reverse the settings, so I guess I just have to wait for the next update? Or wipe REW and lose all my calibration settings?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you are on Windows the startup preferences for REW are stored in this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\room eq wizard

You could use Regedit to delete the entries for ssstartlevel and ssendlevel, or use the Preferences menu entry to delete all preferences.

I'll look at stepping descending, and in any case fix the error.

Top Bottom