Stepped level plot shifts when changing between Generator and Input

BVa

Registered
Hello, question about scaling of distortion graphs in last Beta version. The same stepped measurement in card loopback, displayed distortion card, two pictures , generator level vs. input level. Input level is shifted down 3dB, but this apears only with dBFS (and SPL) units. Is it correct? Or generator is displayed in peak level and input in rms?
st1.png
st2.png

Last edited:

opa

Registered
Same problem. Another measuring. In menu activated "Full scale sine rms is 0 dBFS"
In five units there is input = output, only SPL and dBFS are different (-3dB). See results in table below.
Tabulka REW.png

opa

Registered
Another example.
In menu activated "Full scale sine rms is 0 dBFS"
In Y axe there is -20dBFS to -10 dBFS (fundamental)
In X axe there is -23dBFS to -13 dBFS

Minus 10 dB.png

BVa

Registered
John, I think I found it.. Setting "Full scale sine rms is 0 dBFS" in preferences seem to work inversely. If it is dissabled, than graphs are correct, generator/input are identical. Problem solved.. OS is old Win XP..

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It should work regardless of that setting, though the generator level will reflect however it was set when the measurement was made. I can send a link to a test build to fix it, do you need 32-bit or 64-bit?

opa

Registered
Hi John, could you please send the 32-bit link to me as well? Thanks in advance.

opa

Registered
Problem is solved. Thank you. But there is still one little thing to solve. Reading from the cursor is shifted 6 dB.
Minus_10_10_edit.png

Top Bottom