Step Response

Trdat

For the life of me, I just can't figure out how to get my step response to look like this. Is it something to do with the limits or perhaps can it be that there is no offset(mentjioned in the REW help)? I mean from the visual perspective not acheiving a decent step response I just can't ever make the picture below to have between 0 and 355ms any help would be appreciated...?
1700154653583.png

1700154755781.png

sm52

If you place the mouse pointer at the place where the horizontal axis and the vertical axis of the graph = 0, and enlarge the graph along the horizontal axis by clicking the plus at the bottom right (when the mouse pointer is above the graph), then what will happen?

Trdat

Oh brilliant, taken me 5 years to figure this out really apreaciate it.

Also, I just downloaded the latest version of REW and my new measurements are all 1/48 smoothing and undoing smoothing is not changing it. Any ideas? Next to selection options at the bottom of the screen to choose the right or left or whatever measurement it says 1/48 but i have no idea how to change it?

sm52

At the top right of the main screen is 'preferences', 'analysis', 'frequency response calculation', on the right is smoothing. This automatically sets the smoothing after measurement. But you can always switch smoothing after measuring manually. Except for the case when the analysis settings are set to 1/48. Then switching antialiasing doesn't work. This looks like a bug. John needs to watch this.

Trdat

At the top right of the main screen is 'preferences', 'analysis', 'frequency response calculation', on the right is smoothing. This automatically sets the smoothing after measurement. But you can always switch smoothing after measuring manually. Except for the case when the analysis settings are set to 1/48. Then switching antialiasing doesn't work. This looks like a bug. John needs to watch this.
I checked that its checked no smoothing. So am I right to presume this is a bug?

I''ll try downloading an old version and measure again.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If that box is selected measurements may be converted to log spacing to reduce file size. A log spaced measurement always has at least 1/48 octave smoothing.

the Filtered IR also looks different than the usual ETC is this the same issue...?
Response smoothing settings have no effect at all on the impulse response or envelope (ETC).

Trdat

If that box is selected measurements may be converted to log spacing to reduce file size. A log spaced measurement always has at least 1/48 octave smoothing.

Response smoothing settings have no effect at all on the impulse response or envelope (ETC).
I tried with the log spacing both checked and unchecked and I am still getting a FR with 1/48 without it having the option to change it. And the smoothing is definitely no smoothing. This only happened after upgrading REW to the latest version. Could it be something else?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you have a Frequency Dependent Window applied that produces a log spaced result. Otherwise attach an mdat file.

Trdat

I haven't really changed anything in the preferences. Except maybe keep full IR.

Also, the ETC is the way I used to see it in the overlay but not in the main screen but that isn't too important as i can use the overlay to check the ETC. The FR is priority....

Attachments

• centreaftereq.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The measurements are log spaced:

1700415841061.png

because they have a Frequency-Dependent Window applied.

1700415901075.png

Trdat

The measurements are log spaced:

View attachment 66044

because they have a Frequency-Dependent Window applied.

View attachment 66045
Great, thanks so much. I just had no idea why changes where made in the preferences after I downloaded but then again maybe it had made some changes and just not measured after the change, in any case thanks again. Regarding the ETC I will send screen shots to explain what I mean.

Top Bottom