Spotify or Tidal?

chrapladm

Staff member
Glad to see this thread as I am trying to decide on which service to use. I have basic Pandora now but it will no longer be available in Australia from August 1st. SO I will have to look t some of these others that are mentioned. Not sure if the libraries of some will have all my music and also not sure how easy the features are to use on the different ones but hopefully I can find something easily and quickly.

AudiocRaver

Senior Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
Main Amp
Crown XLS 1502 DriveCore-2 (x2 as monoblock)
Additional Amp
Behringer A500 Reference Power Amplifier
Front Speakers
MartinLogan Electromotion ESL Electrostatic (x2)
Center Channel Speaker
Phantom Center
Surround Speakers
NSM Audio Model 5 2-Way (x2)
Subwoofers
JBL ES150P Powered Subwoofer (x2)
Tidal Hi-Fi all the way for me.

If you go with a lossy streaming service because you can't hear a difference today, you lock your ability to discern the difference at that level. Listen mostly to a lossless service for a few months and try to go back to a lossy one, and you will probably find the difference to be more obvious.

GFOviedo

Tidal Hi-Fi all the way for me.

If you go with a lossy streaming service because you can't hear a difference today, you lock your ability to discern the difference at that level. Listen mostly to a lossless service for a few months and try to go back to a lossy one, and you will probably find the difference to be more obvious.

I would agree. I did hear difference between Tidal HiFi and others, but this was not the case for every song. Furthermore, Tidal didn't have all the songs that I wanted like Spotify did. In my personal opinion paying $9.99 a month for Tidal HiFi wasn't really the best option for me. I ended up going back to Spotify and paying $4.99 a month for their premium.

Possibly if I had a higher end equipment, I might be table to take advantage of Tidal HiFi MQA.

I would recommend to try all of the streaming services since most give you a 30 days trial period. You should be able to find the one you like the most within that time.

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony BDP S590 & Pioneer DV-610AV
Front Speakers
JTR NOESIS 210 RT - L/R mains
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Chase VS-18.1 x 2 - Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
h/k TC35C/Ortofon Super OM10/Pro-Ject Phono Box S
Tidal hifi all the way. Wish I had the info I need to get the military discount.

Top Bottom