SPL Logger not working

Sonder

Supporter
Hi cant seem to get SPL Logger to work -V5.20 Beta 19 on macbook el Capitain 10.11.6 (is it a mac OS problem?)

Thanks

Sonder

Supporter
Thanks for getting back John.
OK I have installed the latest version. When I start the logger, I think its the SPL meter flashes in front of the screen, (very quickly) and thats it. Nothing else happens.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I don't understand the description, maybe a screen shot would help.

Does the SPL meter work?
Can you make measurements?
Have you used REW successfully to do anything else?
Has anything been captured in the log files? They are in a folder called REW in the user library folder, which no longer appears in Finder by default. To display it either browse to ~/Library/Logs or open your Home folder in Finder (Shift Command + H), select View > Show View Options then select the checkbox to show the library folder.

Sonder

Supporter
I don't understand the description, maybe a screen shot would help.

Does the SPL meter work?
Can you make measurements?
Have you used REW successfully to do anything else?
Has anything been captured in the log files? They are in a folder called REW in the user library folder, which no longer appears in Finder by default. To display it either browse to ~/Library/Logs or open your Home folder in Finder (Shift Command + H), select View > Show View Options then select the checkbox to show the library folder.

Sonder

Supporter
Sorry for the lack of detail -
The answer is yes to all questions regarding SPL, measurements, and all other windows.

Also yes; it is logging into the REW folder as aTxt file, but it doesn't display any information in the realtime window.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Can you zip the REW log folder and attach it? Ideally after you have seen the problem, the logs have data for the last 10 startups so if you have restarted more than 10 times since the logs from the SPL logger problem will have been overwritten.

Sonder

Supporter
Here you go.

Attachments

• REW.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 6

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Nothing out of the ordinary in the log files, can you post a screenshot of the SPL logger window after starting the logging?

Sonder

Supporter
:rolleyesno:... so so sorry, I didn't set graph axis limits,... its working perfectly, apologies for wasting your time, and thanks a mill for the thorough check.

Top Bottom