(October 5, 2021) Andover Audio has revealed the latest addition to its Spin Collection with the SpinDeck MAX automatic turntable. Priced at $599, SpinDeck MAX fits neatly on top of Andover’s SpinBase Turntable System or can be paired with any audio system outfitted with a pre-amp, delivering high levels of convenience without sacrificing sound quality.
SpinDeck MAX features quality components, such as an Ortofon OM10 cartridge with an elliptical stylus, a rubber-isolated low-vibration DC motor belt drive system, a dense MDF plinth, and a machined aluminum platter. Offering access to both 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speeds, the turntable keeps Wow and Flutter to inaudible levels (<0.04% RMS).
The entire system is designed for ease of use, starting with a cartridge that’s factory-mounted to a tonearm pre-set for optimum performance. Playback is fully automatic, centered around a stop/start switch that kicks off hands-free operation. Once playback is complete, the tonearm returns to its resting position.
SpinDeck MAX is available for purchase now, shipping in either black or white to match Andover’s Spin Collection. It can be purchased directly on www.andoveraudio.com and at participating dealers.
SpinDeck Max Specificaitons
- Nominal Speeds: 33.33 / 45 RPM
- Wow and Flutter: <0.04% RMS
- Signal to Noise: -65db Weighted
- Signal Cable Capacitance: 160pF
- Tonearm Effective Tonearm Length: 211mm
- Tonearm Overhang: 19.5mm
- Weight: 6kg/13lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 420 x 119 x 360 mm (16.5 x 4.7 x 14.1 in)
- Power: 12V DC / 1.5W
- Power Adapter: Suitable for USA/Canada
- Ortofon OM10 Cartridge
- Frequency Range: 20-20,000Hz
- Channel Separation: 22dB/1kHz
- Output Voltage: 4.0mV
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47kohms / 200-600pF - MM - Input
- Compliance/Stylus Type: 20μm/mN / Elliptical
- Recommended: Tracking Force: 1.25 - 1.75 Grams
- Weight: 5g
- Replacement Stylus: OM10