Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Chase VS-18.1 x 2 - Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
h/k TC35C/Ortofon Super OM10/Pro-Ject Phono Box S
Using the UMIK-1 via HDMI into an AVR. I keep getting this pop up message, with SPL Meter or Measure. After the pop up happens in Measure, an audible sweep happens through the subs/speakers, so there is input, but no graph is generated.

What could the problem be?

20210510_171735.jpg

20210510_180002.jpg
20210510_171758.jpg

Last edited:

sam_adams

You are using the Java driver. This will limit you to testing only the left and right speakers. In order to test each channel separately, you have to install ASIO4All or FlexASIO and select the ASIO driver in the preferences.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Really just taking a shot here while you’re waiting...

I think that pop up might occur when the input to the soundcard is too low.
What do you see on the meters when you check levels?

The control input mixer/volume is ticked. I’m not familiar with it use but REW help indicates reduces signal to soundcard.

Edit: From the help file:
Then, if not using a USB microphone, the soundcard's input volume needs to be adjusted to get a good signal level from the SPL meter or mic preamp when the cal signal is playing.

With a USB microphone the input volume control can be left at the unity gain (0 dB) setting, which is selected by default when the microphone is first plugged in (and set automatically by REW if the Control input mixer/volume box is ticked on the Soundcard preferences).

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The message means what it says, there wasn't any data from the mic. It might just be that the USB connector isn't pushed far enough into the back of the mic, it is a tight fit.

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony BDP S590 & Pioneer DV-610AV
Front Speakers
JTR NOESIS 210 RT - L/R mains
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
I got it to work for a bit, but it keeps losing sight of the input, then I have to unplug/plug and set everything up again.

The mic indicator light is always on. Here is the low input pop-up again. ‍
20210513_160238.jpg

sam_adams

Plug in the UMIK and make sure that it shows up in REW.

Open Device Manager.

Click the menu View > Show hidden devices.

Scroll down and toggle open Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Right-click on Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller.

From the pop-up menu select Properties.

Click the Power Management tab.

Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' then click 'OK'.

Right-click on USB Root Hub (USB 3.0).

From the pop-up menu select Properties.

Click the Power Management tab.

Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' then click 'OK'.

Close the Device Manager.

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
@JStewart , I am suspecting a bad cable, but the UMIK-1 indicator light is always on.

@sam_adams , I went through the menu crawl and was able to disable the power savings. I am still getting the No Input pop-up up from REW.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Hopefully I can get this going.

This popped up when I plugged the mic in before logging on.

20210515_183020.jpg

sam_adams

Disconnect the UMIK.

Open Device Manager.

Select View > Show Hidden Devices.

Toggle open Sound, video and game controllers and you should see the UMIK listed.

Right-click on the Umik-1 and select, Uninstall device.

Now, remove the cable from the back of the UMIK.

Plug the cable back into the UMIK, again. You will need to apply a bit of force to make sure that the connector seats in the back of the UMIK with a solid, audible and tangible 'click'. If you don't hear and feel the click when you are inserting the cable, the connector is not properly seated and will produce the exact symptoms you are describing.

Plug the UMIK back into the computer.

Virgilio

Registered
I have a very similar problem. I have also done all the energy saving disabling procedures but the problem persists.

Virgilio

Registered
Good morning to all gentlemen. I'm having a problem with the latest beta version of REW. In practice, after some time, the software loses the connection with the sound card without any warning. This dialog box appears. Do you by any chance know what this anomaly is due to?i am using this computer:ACEPC AK1 Mini PC,Windows 10(64 bit) Computer desktop Intel Celeron Apollo Lake J3455 (fino a 2,3GHz) Computer desktop[4GB/64GB/Supporto SSD da 2,5"/ SSD mSATA/Doppio WiFi/Gigabit Ethernet/BT 4.2/4K]

sam_adams

Good morning to all gentlemen. I'm having a problem with the latest beta version of REW. In practice, after some time, the software loses the connection with the sound card without any warning. This dialog box appears. Do you by any chance know what this anomaly is due to?i am using this computer:ACEPC AK1 Mini PC,Windows 10(64 bit) Computer desktop Intel Celeron Apollo Lake J3455 (fino a 2,3GHz) Computer desktop[4GB/64GB/Supporto SSD da 2,5"/ SSD mSATA/Doppio WiFi/Gigabit Ethernet/BT 4.2/4K]

Do you have the latest version of the Octa-Capture driver and the latest version of Octa-Capture System installed?

With the Octa-Capture connected to you computer, open the Device Manager and toggle open Sound, video and game controllers; is the Octa-Capture listed there?

Right-click on the Octa-Capture device and check if there is a power management tab there. If there is, uncheck the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' checkbox.

You may also want to check the computer's Power Management profile to make sure that the computer is set to High Performance and not something like Balanced or Maximum Power Saving.

The Octa-Capture has a power adapter to power it so it really should not have issues with USB power management.

Virgilio

Registered

It is present in the list but there is no energy saving function in this menu. Energy saving options have been disabled in all other menus. The operating mode is also set to maximum performance. The problem persists

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
Turns out it was a bad cable after all! The maddening part was, I could get REW to work *sometimes*, then it would drop and I'd have to go back in and reset Preference, so it appeared the cable was fine.

It is working fine for the 2 channel room, seeing the output, but doesn't want to see my pre/pro in the living room. I'll keep messing with it and try to get that problem sorted.

Thanks everyone for the assist!

Top Bottom