Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA3
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103D
Front Speakers
Ascend Acoustics Raal Sierra tower
Center Channel Speaker
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Horizon
Its not perfect. No sound treatment, display is too high as I was planning on mounting a shelf underneath for the center. Cables are a mess :eek: but been too busy remodeling the basement and doing other repairs since I purchased the house.

Anyhoo, I present my Ascends Towers RAAL. I have the Ascend Sierra center and an additional 3ch Emo that I had set up in my old house in a 5.1 configuration. I was using a cheap set of Polk bookshelf for the rears but sold them before I moved. Rears will be Ascend Lunas, haven't decided on height speakers yet.
These speakers measure well and so didn't really take much in the way of EQ to cross over well with the sub. I'm surprised with this room how good they do sound, not really :wink: but they sounded better in my old house.
The sub is cheapo 15" Parts Express kit, don't think they even sell this model anymore. Plans for a pair of Rythmik once I get the theatre room close to finished, probably FVX 12 or 15s.

This room may get relegated to a dining room, haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Last edited:

3dbinCanada

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-A3060, RX-V1900, RX-V1075
Yamaha BD-S681, Sony UBP-X800, Oppo BDP-83
Front Speakers
PSB Image T65, PSB Century 800, PSB Century 300
Center Channel Speaker
PSB Image 8C, PSB Century200, PSB Century 100
Surround Speakers
PSB Image 1B, RBH A600, PSB Alpha Minis
Surround Back Speakers
PSB Image 1B
Subwoofers
Rythmik LV12-R, PSB Subsonic 6, PSB Subsonic 5
Video Display Device
UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"/UN50MU7100 50"
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Equipment
BlueSound Node2i
Its not perfect. No sound treatment, display is too high as I was planning on mounting a shelf underneath for the center. Cables are a mess :eek: but been too busy remodeling the basement and doing other repairs since I purchased the house.

Anyhoo, I present my Ascends Towers RAAL. I have the Ascend Sierra center and an additional 3ch Emo that I had set up in my old house in a 5.1 configuration. I was using a cheap set of Polk bookshelf for the rears but sold them before I moved. Rears will be Ascend Lunas, haven't decided on height speakers yet.
These speakers measure well and so didn't really take much in the way of EQ to cross over well with the sub. I'm surprised with this room how good they do sound, not really :wink: but they sounded better in my old house.
The sub is cheapo 15" Parts Express kit, don't think they even sell this model anymore. Plans for a pair of Rythmik once I get the theatre room close to finished, probably FVX 12 or 15s.

This room may get relegated to a dining room, haven't made up my mind on that yet. View attachment 40640

Looks good already!! Look at the BTech22 as a mount for your center channel which should allow you to drop the display considerably. I'm using the mount plus some cable hiders (cant remember their proper name) as pictured below.

bedroom-6.jpg

what bass

Supporter
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Sherborn PT-7030
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA3
Oppo 103D
Front Speakers
Ascend Acoustics Raal Sierra tower
Center Channel Speaker
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Horizon
Thanks 3db
Pretty clean install on your wall.

The center ch mount from B tech is rated for 33lb. The Sierra Horizon center is 42 beefy lbs of audio goodness. :p
I probably wont spend too much energy tweaking the system where it's at, at this juncture its temporary.

Top Bottom