Focusrite
Main Amp
Yamaha TF mixing console
Front Speakers
QSC K12.2
Front Wide Speakers
QSC K10.2
Aloha,
I have an ISM EMX 7150 XLR measurement microphone. We have a Yamaha TF Series mixer with the digital stagebox. The mixer can send direct out through USB.
I also have a Focusrite 18i8 if needed.

I'm trying to run REW over my PA System to test the speaker's frequency response in the room. All the tutorials show how to set up REW with an audio interface but I haven't seen any on connecting it to a PA system.
Are there any tutorials on how to set up the REW software to a PA (the computer would be connected to the mixers usb out) the mixer can route usb 1&2 to stereo L&R.

Mixer is Yamaha TF Rack with Dante and Tio 1608 stagebox
Speaker mains are QSC K12.2
Satalite Speakers are QSC K10.2
test mic is ISM EMX 7150 XLR

I'm very new to this so even the simple things seem complicated at this time

Thanks in advance for any help

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW will be able to see the audio I/O the computer can see, the details depend on the OS. On macOS you should see everything that appears in Audio Midi Setup. On Windows there is a choice in REW of Java drivers, which can see the audio interfaces Windows can see but is limited to stereo and 16-bit, or ASIO drivers which can see whatever ASIO drivers have been installed on the system and can access all channels of those interfaces. On the REW input selection choose the device and channel the mic is connected to, on the output selection the device and channels that go to the speakers. Make sure the mixer does not send any of the mic signal back to the speakers.

churchguy

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Focusrite
Main Amp
Yamaha TF mixing console
Front Speakers
QSC K12.2
Front Wide Speakers
QSC K10.2
Thanks, I’m running windows. I see a variety of ASIO drivers when I load cubase and Nuendo live so I should be OK there. I think I was making it more complicated than it needs to be

bowl_actually

Question, are you trying to set up this PA in a permanent place, maybe in a club? Or are you trying to develop a process to do something every new place you set up the PA in?

gabo

Top Bottom