Sample rates above 192kHz (Linux)

V

vittorio

Dear All,

I just bought an RME ADI-2 FS PRO which supports sample rates up to 768kHz. I intend to use it to perform base-band measurements on broad-band modulated signals for wireless applications, like AM, FM, nPSK and so on, hence the need for the stupidly high sample rate. I was wondering if you were aware of a way to make use of such high sample rated in REW under Linux. I could not get it when going through PulseAudio, I only see the possibility to select up to 192kHz. I could get an input stream at 768kHz through jack server, but I cannot connect REW to jack directly, only through PulseAudio, with the aforementioned limitation.

Would it ever be possible to add such feature and enable sample rates up to 768kHz? I know it is completely pointless for audio, but REW lends itself beautifully to a wide range of applications, like RF spectrum analysis, that have little to do with audio, and this feature would make it even more fantastic.

Thank you

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Probably not, even 192 kHz is touch and go using JavaSound on Linux. phofman on DIY Audio (see this thread) is planning some work on the Linux JavaSound interface, but I'm not sure if it could work reliably above 192 kHz. On Windows using ASIO 384 kHz seems to work OK.

Top Bottom