run REW with different set of fixed settings

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
Philips dss940
Dear John,
i would like to run REW with different sets of preset settings: specific interfaces, specific calibration and so on. I noticed that REW remembers all settings after restart, but i could not figure out where the settings get stored. The idea is to either run REW with a command line option or to set an evironment variable to point REW to a different runtime dir or config file, something like that.
Maybe you can give me a hint what is possible, where REW stores configs? Is there a list of environment variables that REW uses?
greetings

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Philips dss940
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i am on Linux, do you know how it works there?

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Philips dss940
ok, your hint helped, now found it:
~/.java/.userPrefs/room eq wizard/prefs.xml

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Philips dss940
Thank you for your support!. If you like, you might want to mention that this file is erased and newly written on REW restart. Therefore it does not work to make it a symbolic link, which was my first approch to manage set of settings. Creating the directory above as a symbolic link works (for me).

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The user preferences might be overwritten by a copy of the system preferences on startup. Here is Oracle's info on preference data for Linux:

On Linux systems, the system preferences are typically stored at java-home/.systemPrefs in a network installation, or /etc/.java/.systemPrefs in a local installation. If both are present, /etc/.java/.systemPrefs takes precedence. The system preferences location can be overridden by setting the system property java.util.prefs.systemRoot. The user preferences are typically stored at user-home/.java/.userPrefs. The user preferences location can be overridden by setting the system property java.util.prefs.userRoot.

Top Bottom