(May 14, 2020) There’s nothing quite like a rebirth, especially when it involves a company firmly grounded within its own market segment. RowOne – maker of home entertainment seating – entered this year owned by founder Robert Cribbs, but has since been purchased and relaunched by its former Director of Sales and Marketing, Todd Girdis. Girdis brings quite a bit to the table, including name recognition across the company’s dealer base and a drive to further elevate RowOne’s exceptional product lineup.
A relaunch takes time, but Girdis says RowOne is on schedule to start shipping orders of popular models (and some newly enhanced models) by late summer. In the meantime, he and his leadership team are supporting dealers and expanding the independent manufacturer sales representative network.
“I’m energized to continue the positive momentum,” says Todd. “We are open for business, actively catching dealers up on the new RowOne, supporting customer service, and specifying designs and configurations for customers’ theaters. Many of the RowOne Direct Collection seating styles that dealers and homeowners have come to love over the years will remain, and will be available for fulfillment as soon as late summer, and we are making some exciting enhancements to several models that are sure to make RowOne even that much more ‘the talk of the town’.”
A notable differentiator between RowOne and its competition is order to delivery time. According to Girdis, home theater seating companies typically take eight to ten weeks to process and deliver an order. RowOne, however, is stockpiling enough inventory to claim delivery within seven business days. And any order can be sent directly to a dealer or upgraded to White Glove status for delivery direct to a customer’s home.
RowOne says it currently offers four lines of home theater seating, including the following:
- Plaza II is one of RowOne’s best-selling chairs for style and comfort, fitting any décor or lifestyle whether in a family room or a dedicated theater room. Covered in leatheraire for the look and feel of leather, each chair with arms comes with USB charging, power recline, and deep storage arms that can hold a multitude of items such as gaming and remote controls, books and a tray table. Plush backs with pocketed coil spring seats, fully padded arms and sides provide for hours of seating comfort.
- Prestige is already a market leader, with styling that fits any decor or lifestyle. Prestige includes all the same standard features highlighted in Plaza II. Prestige upgrades include premium leather/vinyl match covering and attractive base rail lighting.
- Revolution Sofa is a motion sofa, a workstation, and an entertainment hub. Recline to a favorite position, then adjust the headrest for ultimate comfort. Revolution melds quality and comfort with an abundance of features. This includes a pull-down center sofa seat to reveal a tray table with cupholders, USB charging ports and 110-volt power strip. Deep storage arms with lighted cupholders emit a soft blue light that romances the room. RowOne’s exclusive zipped-in ‘crumb catcher’ lining catches coins, popcorn and more for easy cleanup without moving the seat.
- Revolution is the ultimate in quality and comfort with an abundance of features including all the standard features highlighted above in Plaza II and Prestige. Revolution upgrades include premium leatheraire covering, motorized headrest, base rail lighting and memory button seating settings.
- Galaxy II is the market-competitive entry-level value that allows the dealer to compete hand-in-hand with the furniture retailer. Covered in dura-gel for the look and feel of leather, each chair with arms comes with power recline and a USB charging port.