Room Sim with multiple subs

tonescout

Registered
Hi, I am playing with an additional sub in my room, and my in room testing with one sub is a pretty good match with the Room Sim. I have yet to build the second sub, and am exploring viable locations. However the confusion I have is related to the fact that the addition of a sub actually decreases the dB in the lower frequencies rather than increases it - what am I missing here if they are both in phase. The effect is consistent if I put two identical subs in the same location?

Any ideas?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The simulator normalises the volume for multiple subs so the nominal level is the same for 1 sub or multiple subs. Two subs in the same position have the same response as 1 sub.

tonescout

Registered
Thanks for the reply, this is what I get with 2 subs on top of each other, it reduces the dB so it must be doing something strange on mine, unless I don't understand your meaning of normalising - which is possible!

sub 1 is my existing sub, and Sub 5 is an identical one on top (I think)

The same reduction happens on any sub I add anywhere in terms of the dB reduction.

tonescout

Registered
ahh -- ooops!

So if I have 2 subs in different locations then the overall effect is like both at 1/2 volume vs the 1 sub at full volume ?

Top Bottom