Room EQ Wizard(REW): How to Adjust Scale of Graphs

full?d=1550095074.png

AV NIRVANA is happy to release one of our first 5 minute video presentations addressing technical topics. This video is is a very brief explanation of how to adjust a graph scale, what is a reasonable scale to use, and how to apply smoothing. Please put any comments or questions below. I plan to do more of these quick 5 minute overview videos, so please post in the comments what topics you would like.

Also, please take a moment to Like the video and Subscribe to AV NIRVANA on YouTube!

Last edited by a moderator:

Timothy Ivie

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
tim.ivie@gmail.com
Main Amp
Parasound HCA 1000
Additional Amp
Parasound HCA 1000
Front Speakers
Kef 104/2
Center Channel Speaker
None
Surround Speakers
None
Surround Back Speakers
None
Front Height Speakers
36"
Wonderful idea the videos. This was helpful as it was concise and narrowly focused. Keep me from other distractions.

Ilovspkrz

Registered
Great video-- thank you I'd like to see one on how to set up the time windows for semi anechoic frequency response measurements.

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Great video-- thank you I'd like to see one on how to set up the time windows for semi anechoic frequency response measurements.

Thank you. We can work on such a video as soon as our AXPONA coverage raps up.

It is worth noting that while I can show how to apply the window easily, simply talking an in room measuring and applying a window will not really make it a quasi-anechoic measurement. It’s more of an involved process to measure a speaker in this way. That would take a little more effort.

Anatoliy Gavrilov

More  
Main Amp
SE - 6С33С - 6П15П
Additional Amp
Technics SE-M100
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony CDP-557 ESD
Front Speakers
Seas 3-way
Fine! Any measurement program adds a bit of knowledge and massage brains.
REW, the latest version, just installed, but I will compare it with other programs.
Thank!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Congratulations great initiative
other tutorials are available?

Working on it really slowly. I have some unexpected work life issues that have prevented me from putting the time in I need to.

Had almost all the staff on a data team leave within a month for various reasons and as the manager of that work, I have to temporarily take it on. I also have to hire those positions while doing my regular job. This is obviously untenable so I believe this will be resolved soon enough and I’ll get back to everything.

FSSB

Registered
More  
前置放大、处理器

AV NIRVANA is happy to release one of our first 5 minute video presentations addressing technical topics. This video is is a very brief explanation of how to adjust a graph scale, what is a reasonable scale to use, and how to apply smoothing. Please put any comments or questions below. I plan to do more of these quick 5 minute overview videos, so please post in the comments what topics you would like.

Also, please take a moment to Like the video and Subscribe to AV NIRVANA on YouTube!
henbucuo

FSSB

Registered
More  
前置放大、处理器

Jromero

Excellent video, a greatest idea!!!

More  
Denon AVR-X8500H
Main Amp
Samson SX1200
Other Amp
GTDAudio T-8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch RP-280F
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RP-280F
Front Wide Speakers
Klipsch RP-280F
Surround Speakers
Klipsch RP-280F
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch RP-260F
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch RP-260F
Subwoofers
Open Baffle x16 Klipsch 8s
Screen
Optoma HD27HDR
Excuse me if you mentioned it in video.
Fastest way to adjust without precision is to simply hold down middle click on the graph and drag.
You will quickly change the appearance this way.

Top Bottom