REW using an EVO 8 USB Audio Interface

Chuck Gerlach

I have not used a multi-mic input device before and am having a couple of issues. While I can get REW to generate audio through the EVO 8, the mic (according to REW) does not seem to "hear" it as the REW SPL meter shows nothing. But I know the mic is operating properly (and the EVO hears it) as when I tap on the tip of the mic, it shows on the mic input meter on the EVO.

I am assuming that it is not working properly as I must not have properly calibrated the sound card but not sure what I am doing incorrectly. Any assistance on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, the EVO offers two options on loop-back. One is to have the loop-back signal combined with the microphone signal and the other is to use the dedicated loop-back channels. I assume I want to do the former.

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You do NOT want anything mixed with the mic signal.

Most likely reasons for not seeing the levels you expect are wrong input channel selected or a gain control/mute somewhere along the input path.

Chuck Gerlach

Thanks for your response.

So if the timing (loop-back) signal is not mixed with the mic signal, how does REW match the timing signal with a specific measurement?

I will check again but I'm 99% sure I have the correct input channel selected so will need to look around at where some muting or gain control is active.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If the timing signal is a loopback connection REW listens for it on the channel selected as the ref input.

Top Bottom