REW Uninstaller problem

nicco_SSS

Registered
Hi,
I'm trying to do a complete uninstallation of REW (5.20.13.0 version) but there seems to be a problem with JAVA, in fact, when launching the REW Uninstaller application, an error screen appears saying 'no JVM could be found on you system ...' (you can see it in the attached image below).
I should add that this problem occurs with various versions of JAVA, both 64-bit and 32-bit.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-12-21 160235.jpg
    Immagine 2023-12-21 160235.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can use "Delete preferences and shut down" from the REW Preferences menu, then run the normal Windows uninstall from Apps & Features, then finally delete the C:\Users\<your username>\REW folder.

nicco_SSS

Registered
Unfortunately, the JAVA-related error screen also appears when opening REW, so I can't access the menu within the software.
It seems that any REW-related action is somehow blocked by this error.

nicco_SSS

Registered
It doesn't work, i've uninstalled Java with the tool but the problem persists.
Maybe, can i try with an uninstallation software? Not the REW official tool.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW is a Java application, it needs a Java runtime. If your system had one when REW was installed but it was later removed REW will no longer be able to run. That would most easily be fixed by running the REW installer again. It doesn't really matter though, just use the normal Windows uninstall from Apps & Features, then delete the C:\Users\<your username>\REW folder.

nicco_SSS

Registered
I followed the suggested steps by reinstalling the version of REW that was already present and was able to uninstall the programme via the official tool, so the problem seems to have been solved. Thank you for support.
Unfortunately, trying to re-install the new version of REW (5.30) causes the installer to crash; the crashes occur with both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions.

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-12-21 181209.jpg
    Immagine 2023-12-21 181209.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you planned to install 5.30 all you needed to do was run the 5.30 installer. If your system is 64-bit use the 64-bit files.

You could try running the installer from a Windows terminal with the argument /create-i4j-log, e.g.

> ./REW_windows-x64_5_30.exe /create-i4j-log

That will produce a log file and show you where it is before starting the installer. Attach the log file to this thread.

Top Bottom