REW soundcard calibration question

MPA

Registered
Hi everyone, can I just say what a great tool REW is! I've been using it for a while with great results but probably not even scratched the surface of what it can do..
But I've just purchased a new interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen) and am having an issue with the calibration. Here is the frequency response that I get when I run the calibration:

REW.GIF

Obviously this can't be right! Any suggestions of what could be wrong? I've tried various sample rates and buffer sizes but with no luck..

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Looks like there is too much latency in the system so the end of the sweep isn't being captured, if you look at the Captured graph after a measurement you would probably see that being cut off. Try smaller buffers.

MPA

Registered
Thanks John, I've tried the smallest buffer size in ASIO control panel but still get the same result.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is a big lag somewhere, if you look on the captured graph you will see the difference between the start of the measurement signal and the start of the captured signal. You could ignore the soundcard cal and use the acoustic timing reference to synchronise capture for measurements, but it is odd to have such a big delay.

MPA

Registered
Ok, thanks. I guess I'll have to do that as I can't figure it out.. Maybe my laptop is really slow!

Top Bottom