REW on Raspberry Pi 4

ajp7501

Registered
I keep running in to the following error when attempting to install the Linux version on a Raspberry Pi 4. I'm not familiar with Linux/Raspberry PI, just started using one a month or so ago for some home theater stuff. I would like to get REW running on it if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo ./REW_linux_5_20_3.sh
Unpacking JRE ...
Error unpacking jar files. The architecture or bitness (32/64)
of the bundled JVM might not match your machine.

Then follow these posts

Then follow these posts

ajp7501

Registered
Thanks Antonio, I found your install thread shortly after posting this. I hadn’t installed Java, I misunderstood the instructions and thought it was included with newer versions of REW. I got installed and working correctly now on my raspberry pi! Appreciate all the work you’ve done on this.

I advise you to use the 32bit architecture for the operating system and consequently also for the java virtual machine, because using the 64bit one there are problems with the generation of the waterfall graphics that cause the generation of errors and the lack of presentation.
Greetings Antonio

ajp7501

Registered
I haven’t gone with a sound card yet….just using it via hdmi in to my xmc-2. Running simple subwoofer sweeps. I do have some issues where the Umik-1 will drop off right in the middle of a sweep and then I’ll have to rerun the sweep. The multichannel selection won’t work for me, it won’t play a steady test gone, quiet and cuts out. Not sure what that’s about yet. However, it seems to working great in stereo mode.

oomzay

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
moOde/camillaDSP/rPi4
Main Amp
Onkyo TX-SR850
Front Speakers
Linn Kaber Aktiv
I am trying to run REW on rPi4 bookworm 64bit (lite) but the REW install script is demanding JVM 1.8:
Code:
$ ./REW_linux_no_jre_5_30_4.sh
No suitable Java Virtual Machine could be found on your system.
The version of the JVM must be 1.8.
Please define INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME to point to a suitable JVM.
Is there a JRE 1.8 I can install on bookworm (lite) somewhere?

oomzay

Registered
More  
moOde/camillaDSP/rPi4
Main Amp
Onkyo TX-SR850
Front Speakers
Linn Kaber Aktiv
Nope...
$ sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk
E: Unable to locate package openjdk-8-jdk
I also tried openjdk-8-jre as I assume don't really need jdk.

Last edited:

oomzay

Registered
More  
moOde/camillaDSP/rPi4
Main Amp
Onkyo TX-SR850
Front Speakers
Linn Kaber Aktiv

oomzay

Registered
More  
moOde/camillaDSP/rPi4
Main Amp
Onkyo TX-SR850
Front Speakers
Linn Kaber Aktiv
REW most likely needs some DE/WM functions, that's quite expectable. Can you use some lightweight DE?

Thanks. I decided to dedicated a separate flash card to my REW environment and installed the bookworm rPi OS with desktop and I now have REW recording from UMIK-1 and playing sound to HDMI-0 (my desktop display).

I think we can call this resolved.

(I will start a new thread to ask for help with my next problem: HDMI-1 (to my AVR) is not showing in REWs list of output devices).

Top Bottom