REW is, simply, a great resource

craig lister

Registered
Hello Nirvana (was hoping some day...)
Name is Craig and Have been using REW for my home and studio setups for 6 years now and it is the best. Recently purchased the Genelec GLM correction system to go along with some new 8351 monitors and the monitors are superb, the software poor. After trying GLM out thoroughly, will be using REW instead.
Output a REW convolution file into JRiver for all of my popular and classical music. With studio recordings, however, need to find a way to get this REW correction into my DAW (=Samplitude). Samplitude is no longer available for American technical assistance SO I thought I would ask on this site.
Does anyone know how to take the REW convolution file and tailor it so that it can plugged into a DAW? As near as I can tell, all of the Samplitude plugins are *.dll file types. Is there some way to convert the convolution *.wav file into a version that is plugin compatible?
Wanted to ask this question in the technical portion of this site but do not have sufficient privileges.
Am a yearly contributor to REW and it is more than worth the contribution.

Grayson Dere

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Integra DTR 7.8
Main Amp
Class D Audio: SDS-470CS
Additional Amp
Shellbrook Audio Hybrid Head headphone amp
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700
Front Speakers
Vandersteen Model 2
Subwoofers
SVS PB-2000
Other Speakers or Equipment
Grado SR 325is headphones
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X75
Screen
Elite Screen 120"
Streaming Subscriptions
Origin Live Aurora MKIII turntable
Hi Craig! It's great to hear that REW is being used by professional studio users such as yourself in addition to the audio hobbyist crowd : )

I'm sorry I won't be able to provide you with a solution to your DAW situation...surely others here will give you some good feedback in a timely fashion.

By any chance have you also posted your question(s) in the Official REW Support Forum? Under the FORUMS tab you'll find the REW support forum at the bottom.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 55s
Center Channel Speaker
Definitive Technology CS8040
Surround Back Speakers
Definitive Technology DI6.5R