REW in Max MSP ...?

macalex414

Registered
Hi All,

I'm working in MAX MSP at the moment and my workflow is in desperate need of something like REW as a MAX device/VST plugin.
The measurement capabilities here would be endlessly useful for measuring my signal chain as well as sending/receiving test signals from my interface to measure hardware alongside software.

Does anybody know if this will ever be on the cards or if there is a workaround?

Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There's nothing along those lines in the roadmap. Can't help with workarounds, sorry, I haven't done any work in that kind of environment.

RegD

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
miniDSP 2x4HD
Computer Audio
M-Audio Profire 2626
Front Speakers
JBL LSR 305
Subwoofers
Monoprice 12"
Hi All,

I'm working in MAX MSP at the moment and my workflow is in desperate need of something like REW as a MAX device/VST plugin.
The measurement capabilities here would be endlessly useful for measuring my signal chain as well as sending/receiving test signals from my interface to measure hardware alongside software.

Does anybody know if this will ever be on the cards or if there is a workaround?

Thanks!
I am not familiar with the differences between MAX4Live and MAX MSP but in MAX 4 Live you have pluggins that have some of REW's functionalities (far not as extensive though). Maybe you can use these?
Otherwise, a workaround is too use 2 soundcards, one for REW one for MAX MSP and feed one with the other (I assume that once REW gets a hold of your soundcard you cannot use MAX MSP anymore).

Top Bottom