REW hints and tips

CAAudiophile

Staff member
Thank you John again..!
Not sure if I have mentioned how much I like the REW .. many thanks.

A-NYC

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Apt Holman
Main Amp
Hafler DH-200
Front Speakers
Buchardt S300 MK II
Other Equipment
Denon DP-47F
Hi John,

Wondering if you can help with two questions:

1) how to include the room resonances from the Room Sim window when I am setting EQ filters in the EQ window. Does that happen automatically. I can see "resonances" is grayed out on the menu below the graph. See photo 1.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 1.31.25 PM.png

2) I have noticed that adding a room curve with 2 db of bass boost gives a very different EQ target curve compared with 3 or 4 db. But also does not add a filter to address that dip at about 46 Hz. Any ideas how to address that? See photo 2.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 1.39.26 PM.png

Thank you!

A-NYC

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The predicted modal frequencies can be shown by entering the room dimensions in the Modal Analysis section and selecting Show modal frequencies in the graph controls.

REW can also analyse the impulse response and detect resonances within it, for that use the "Find resonances" action in the Modal Anlysis section. It will populate the Resonances section with those it finds and any you select from the list will be shown on the EQ graph. Multiple selections can be made. There's more about that in the EQ window help.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Sorry AJ, the forum resource manager is not behaving as it should. I've had to create a new entry for the 32-bit installer here. If you are on a 64-bit machine better using the 64-bit version.

AJ Soundfield

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RXA800 & Harman AVR Arcam AVP
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Yamaha BDA1010
Front Speakers
Soundfields
Top Bottom