REW Beginners Question

davidhill1963

Registered
I just got the UMK-1 and downloaded REW and ASIO to my desktop. I believe I have the software set up to do my first test. I have a Yamaha RX-A2060 and have my desktop always connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable. I use my computer to watch movies from time to time and play around with the various DSP modes on the Yamaha. This may be a dumb question, but I am assuming I put the Yamaha in Straight Mode prior to using REW?

I have a new sub, the FV15HP. I ran YPAO and wanted to use REW to check the frequency response.

Thank you, David

davidhill1963

Registered
I have another question. I have REW set up using ASIO and I am getting a lot of static. Does anyone know what I need to do? I don't hear it when I use Java.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
ASIO meaning ASIO4All? You should be using 48 kHz sample rate, make sure the only devices selected in ASIO4All are the UMIK and your HDMI interface. Make sure the ASIO buffer size is at least 512 samples.

davidhill1963

Registered
I did mean ASIO4All. I had those setting but lept getting noise. I have an old laptop that I have'nt used in a while and loaded the software on it. I am not having that issue with it. I have beeing playing around with it and did some measurements to test my subwoofer and I think I really have things messed up. I ran YPAO several days ago. I was using the Java driver and measuring between 20 and 200 HZ. I attached the last graph I took. The level on the first one was around 90 SPL, which I toought was high. I changed the extension filter on the sub and lowered the volume.

I do have a very open room with a vaulted ceiling so I know I am not going to get it perfect.

Capture 1.PNG

Top Bottom