REW Beta Release Request some small improvements

Hi John, I was rehearsing the latest REW beta and I would like to suggest a few tweaks.
I noticed that the Scope and Room function lacks the ability to capture the screen, would it be possible to add this useful feature as well as the main RTA and EQ and Overlays?
In the RTA function default parameter window is setting Rectangular, it would be possible to change it to Hann.
In the near future it would also be nice and useful to implement the printing of all the graphs and measurements.

Anyway you did a great job .. Thanks

I was wrong.
In fact also the problem reported on RTA does not answer to truth, because only at the first execution of REW it positions itself on Rectangular then it remains set on our setting.
Sorry....

Addition of the Project item:

For the next version, let me suggest an addition to the REW File menu of the project item that collects a set of measurements referring to the same project. If we think of a loudspeaker system, the measures that describe the electro-acoustic behavior are at least two SPL and Impedance, both could be enclosed within a single reference.
Thanks for your attention

Hi John,
I would suggest a change to the program's menus, I would remove the Measure item from the Tools menu and create a new menu entitled Measure and inside add SPL and Impedance. I believe this subdivision is more coherent and furthermore in the future in this menu could be added the measures with customized parameters according to the needs.

It would also be useful to implement an offset for the response curves. I often see different curves with different levels and it would be more immediate to analyze them if they were overlapping, or when I set up a cross-over filter and I need to visualize the response of the diffuser and the filter, they are almost always at different levels since the output signal to the power amplifier is always at the same 2.83V level while the microphone signal depends on the sensitivity of the speaker and the distance of the microphone.

I'm sorry I didn't see this feature.
Sometimes you risk making a bad impression thinking of giving some useful advice, instead I should study REW better because it is full of features.
Thanks John

Hello John,
it is possible to implement the Export and Import functions of the REW configuration, in practice saving all the settings made from the Preferences panel and also the values set in the measurements panel both SPL and Impedance measurements. This functionality does not seem to me to be there and it could be useful for whatever reason you are forced to install REW on a different PC and with the Export and Import functions you can immediately restore the correct setting of the new system.
Thanks

Hello John,
I would like to propose a modification to the presentation of the measurement panel, it would be more functional if it were of the tab panel type, on Tab 0 insert SPL with the relative parameters, on Tab 1 Impedence with the relative parameters. In doing so, in the future, it may be possible to add other panels for other measures or to customize the two basic measurements with parameters chosen by the user.

Top Bottom