Repeated use of "Offset t=0" gradually shifts the visible x axis range

3ll3d00d

This behaviour seems a little odd to me, probably undesirable but also probably not commonly encountered & perhaps there is a different way to fix this.

Situation is a set of measurements taken on and off axis with a timing reference for speaker design. I forgot to set the offset in the measurement window so then have to shift all the measurements back a fixed amount one by one. Say I measure at 1m and shift each measurement by that amount using offset t=0 then the x axis moves ~3ms to the left per measurement hence you end up having to reset limits every few measurements.

This makes sense when looking at a single measurement (as you maintain the same visible range of the IR) but preserving that shift as you move from measurement to measurement seems a bit more dubious.

I can't personally think of a sensible way to handle this in the general case but I think there is a feature request here (or a feature I'm missing) which would be the ability to shift all IRs by a fixed offset in one go (which would then avoid this problem). Another related feature request, and possible alternative to me shifting like this, is the ability to specify the window in absolute terms rather than relative to the ref time.

jtalden

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
I use: overlays/impulse/'set t=0 at cursor'
The cursor is placed where we want 0 ms and all the impulses selected will be moved as a group thus maintaining there relative timing.

3ll3d00d

thanks, that's much quicker though moving a cursor is a bit fiddly compared to just entering a number. It would be nice to have the same options in this view as in the single measurement IR view.

Top Bottom