Remote control for Audiolense Convolver

clarus

1) is there any remote control that can be integrated with the Convolver such that volume can be adjusted without using mouse+screen?
2) can the volume control increments (currently at 0.1dB) be adjusted to 0.5 or 1dB?

Features request for Convolver:
a) mute button
b) polarity inversion

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
1 not that I'm aware of, but it's on the todo list.
2 yes

a) already implemented
b) noted

david yost

I use Remote Desktop on my phone. Works just fine and all AL features are available.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
That sounds really interesting, David. I would appreciate it if you could show us in a separete thread. And there are others, too, who are interested in a remote control for this.

david yost

I use Chrome Remote Desktop, but there are other desktop sharing apps -- some versions of Windows 10 Pro have it built in. It can be used with iPhones as well as Androids, too.

clarus

I used VNC on iOS to remote into the desktop as control, but it is still a clunky solution. Remote desktop is similar. You still have to use mouse action (emulated on the touch screen) to control it, in addition to making sure that the volume control function is highlighted. What you want to achieve is a single button action that perform the functions, without worry about which window is in focus or highlighted. One possible solution may be to map windows media keyboard keys to it. The standard ones applicable are Vol+, Vol- and Mute. Then you can use any off the shelf compatible keyboards or remotes. Other possibilities include bluetooth remote, or IR receiver, or a network API for integration or associated app.

As for my earlier question on volume control steps, it's not working for me on the current UI. I have set the "Slider" and "Value display" to 1dB. But when I click on the slider bar, it still change to any value at 0.1dB increment. Arrow keys also increment/decrement at 0.1dB steps regardless of the settings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom