Reference Chirp(s) Missing

G29

I downloaded the new beta (57 and 58) and tried to take measurements using an acoustical reference.and the beginning and ending reference chirps are missing.

I increased the buffer sizes and the preceding chip appeared along with the sweep, but not the ending chirp. Decreasing the buffer sizes causes the initial chirp to disappear.

I went back to the previous beta and the problem still exists.

I am using Win7-64 Ultimate, JRiver MC 26-64-bit and JRMC's WDM.

REW is configured to write directly to JRMC's WDM and JRMC is configured to write to the DAC's driver.

Other window's programs are able to write to the WDM with no appearant issue accessing both input channels.

Any ideas on what to check ?

Already tried rebooting, reinstalling JRMC, reinstalling REW, reinstalling the JRMC's WDM, increasing/decreasing buffer sizes, setting the acoustic reference as the same channel and as a different channel as the same channel being measured.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

G29

I discovered another anomaly. If I do a sweep from [500Hz to 5KHz], JRMC's analyzer sees it as [500Hz to 10KHz] or twice the range. REW shows the resulting sweep as [500Hz to 5KHz] so there appears to be a factor of 2 happening somewhere in the chain. Same happens for other sub-ranges. Everything is set to 48KHz.

Is there an active link to download the beta V56 installer to see if that resolves the issue ?

TIA

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you look at the History tab on the downloads page you can access all the earlier beta versions. The measurement sweep starts an octave below the desired range and ends an octave above, to avoid artefacts at the ends of the range. Note that there is only a timing reference at the end of the sweep if the Analysis option to Adjust clock with acoustic ref is selected.

G29

If you look at the History tab on the downloads page you can access all the earlier beta versions. The measurement sweep starts an octave below the desired range and ends an octave above, to avoid artefacts at the ends of the range. Note that there is only a timing reference at the end of the sweep if the Analysis option to Adjust clock with acoustic ref is selected.

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response.

The timing reference checkbox has been checked for a long time. I re-verified it is still checked.

Thanks for the History Link. I tried using the previous email notices for prior versions by they took me to the latest V58 beta download.

V57 and V58 are still missing the trailing reference chirps and an error message pops up indicating it was not detected and the clock can't be adjusted.

I downloaded V54 and installed it without making any configuration settings changes and it ran straight off. V54 gets both the initial and final reference chirps with no hangs or error messages.

Are their any Java or other library changes between V54 and V57-58 that JRMC may also rely on ?

The half octave before and one octave after now is what is happening with V54. The half octave before didn't appear to happen with V57 and V58.

Thanks much

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I downloaded V54 and installed it without making any configuration settings changes and it ran straight off. V54 gets both the initial and final reference chirps with no hangs or error messages.
I have sent you a link to a test version to try via the Conversations system. It may behave better where there are large buffering delays.

The half octave before and one octave after now is what is happening with V54. The half octave before didn't appear to happen with V57 and V58.
There have not been any changes to the measurement sweep.

G29

I have sent you a link to a test version to try via the Conversations system. It may behave better where there are large buffering delays.

Tested and resulting .mdat file attached to PM.

Top Bottom