Reel Sound Distribution Inks Exclusive North American Distribution Deal with Metaxas & Sins Hi-Fi Audio Equipment

full?d=1684514777.png

(May 19, 2023) Florida-based Reel Sound Distribution Inc. recently became the exclusive distributor of Metaxas & Sins Hi-Fi audio equipment, following a partnership agreement with designer Kostas Metaxas. Metaxas & Sins' range of audio gear, including its award-winning Papillion and Tourbillion T-RX reel-to-reel players, can now be purchased at select U.S. and Canadian retailers thanks to Reel Sound Distribution – and that's a first.

Kostas Metaxas has deep roots in the audio world, and they reach in numerous directions. His four decades of experience include time spent on the design and manufacturing side of the industry while also recording more than 300 acoustic concerts on Swiss Stellavox analog tape decks. He's now designing his own line of reel-to-reel players/recorders and other gear to capture realistic recordings that offer effortless reproduction of every aspect of a musical performance. As a benefit, his visually appealing products are crafted to embody the emotional intensity and daring, seductive beauty of the most spectacular architecture, design, and sculpture he has experienced.

Metaxas & Sins components are considered objects of art that deliver both visual and audio appeal, handcrafted by Metaxas or his sons. Each component is machined from solid blocks of aircraft aluminum, copper, or titanium, to create an inert and nonresonant structure that shields and protects delicate electronic signals. The resulting low levels of noise deliver sound etched with musical 3D depth, transparency, and realism.

The marriage of Metaxas & Sins with Reel Sound Distribution is a natural one. Owner Jeff Garshon is a musician, producer, and lifelong music collector with more than 20 years in audio/video system design and sales. Having spent hundreds of hours in the studio, touring and performing, Garshon understands what real music and musicians sound like. His passion is curating audio systems that deliver musical content honestly and accurately and, above all, with emotion and beauty. Understanding that analog reel-to-reel tape offers extreme levels of purity and realism with a steeped history, Garshon began searching for the best reel-to-reel sources and audio components capable of delivering that content uncorrupted. This led to his partnership with Metaxas & Sins.

Reel Sound Distribution is actively building its retail network of select Gallery Partners. For more information, contact Jeff Garshon at jeff@reelsounddistribution.com or 954-648-3550.

Related Reading

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
View attachment 61795
(May 19, 2023) Florida-based Reel Sound Distribution Inc. recently became the exclusive distributor of Metaxas & Sins Hi-Fi audio equipment, following a partnership agreement with designer Kostas Metaxas. Metaxas & Sins' range of audio gear, including its award-winning Papillion and Tourbillion T-RX reel-to-reel players, can now be purchased at select U.S. and Canadian retailers thanks to Reel Sound Distribution – and that's a first.

Kostas Metaxas has deep roots in the audio world, and they reach in numerous directions. His four decades of experience include time spent on the design and manufacturing side of the industry while also recording more than 300 acoustic concerts on Swiss Stellavox analog tape decks. He's now designing his own line of reel-to-reel players/recorders and other gear to capture realistic recordings that offer effortless reproduction of every aspect of a musical performance. As a benefit, his visually appealing products are crafted to embody the emotional intensity and daring, seductive beauty of the most spectacular architecture, design, and sculpture he has experienced.

Metaxas & Sins components are considered objects of art that deliver both visual and audio appeal, handcrafted by Metaxas or his sons. Each component is machined from solid blocks of aircraft aluminum, copper, or titanium, to create an inert and nonresonant structure that shields and protects delicate electronic signals. The resulting low levels of noise deliver sound etched with musical 3D depth, transparency, and realism.

The marriage of Metaxas & Sins with Reel Sound Distribution is a natural one. Owner Jeff Garshon is a musician, producer, and lifelong music collector with more than 20 years in audio/video system design and sales. Having spent hundreds of hours in the studio, touring and performing, Garshon understands what real music and musicians sound like. His passion is curating audio systems that deliver musical content honestly and accurately and, above all, with emotion and beauty. Understanding that analog reel-to-reel tape offers extreme levels of purity and realism with a steeped history, Garshon began searching for the best reel-to-reel sources and audio components capable of delivering that content uncorrupted. This led to his partnership with Metaxas & Sins.

Reel Sound Distribution is actively building its retail network of select Gallery Partners. For more information, contact Jeff Garshon at jeff@reelsounddistribution.com or 954-648-3550.

Related Reading
thanks for this. i love keeping up with news on open-reel decks. it was one of my dad's passions before he passed. i have all his tapes, about 300, but i still need to drag his old deck from the early 80s down from Brooklyn.. cheers.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
That's neat. I'm sure they have a ton of sentimental value. Maybe it's time to step up to the plate and buy one of these Metaxas decks! Tho, I suspect they cost an arm and a leg...I didn't research pricing. But, I'm curious!

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
i need to see how much work the old teac 10.5" needs first. :) my mom says she still uses it on occasion and keeps it clean, but the last time it was serviced was over 10 years ago. my dad also had a 7" 4-speed Akai deck, but i think my mom got rid of it a long time ago.
curious- i'm 55 and i wonder if any other members of this site grew up in a big Hifi/HT household from as far back as the 60s. music and film were just always a big part of my parent's lifestyle even when they were kids. just a thing on the east and west coast in the 60s/70s? cheers.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Ok. The Tourbillion is $36K. I'll have a price on the Papillion soon...

I'm about 5 years short of you... my parents had a Carver stereo system with a turntable, receiver, and a pair of floorstanders. I wish I could remember the exact model numbers. That was about as close to hi-fi as our home was in the 70s and 80s... I know my grandfather had a reel to reel system, but I think he largely used it for home recordings.

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
Eh.. I'd rather spend 36k upgrading from the NZ9 to something like a Barco Balder. We would certainly use it more. :laugh: :popcorn: This is our last JVC. We want to finally jump into Barco when the next generation hits. A lot of my dad's open reels are family recordings. The rest are rare jazz and classical live performance radio recordings, and around a box full of prerecorded material. Cheers.

Top Bottom