Re-Build of M&K V-1B Sub?

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I know what you mean... I have a ton of stuff piled up in the garage for my projects, and everytime I need to find something I have to dig through everything to find what i need.
I will be so I glad when I have my current projects done, so I can start on my garage organization/workshop project.

Nakdoc

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha C85
Main Amp
Kenwood L-07MmkII
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Pioneer CLD-79 Pioneer DV-45
Front Speakers
DCM Time Windows
Center Channel Speaker
Ha!
Surround Speakers
zilch
Surround Back Speakers
nada
Front Height Speakers
imaging
Rear Height Speakers
imaging
Subwoofers
a dog named sweetie
Other Speakers or Equipment
Sota Sapphire turntable Nakamichi 680 cassette
Video Display Device
Hitachi CT2066
Streaming Subscriptions
Revox B77, A700 reel
The M&K amp uses an STK4141 amplifier chip driving the dual VC sub in stereo. These are repairable if you can find the IC. It is not high power though.

GFOviedo

The M&K amp uses an STK4141 amplifier chip driving the dual VC sub in stereo. These are repairable if you can find the IC. It is not high power though.
Thank you I contacted the manufacturer and they offered to sell me the same subwoofer since they don’t offer to sell parts. I really didn’t want to spend $400. I ended up buying a used 10” MTX sealed sub for now. I’ll keep the sub and see if I can repair it in the future.

GFOviedo

Would a Bash 300S digital subwoofer plate amp work for this? I know I'll have to make a bigger hole for it to fit, but I am willing to do that. There is one for sale at AVS Forum for $75 shipped.

BassSounder

That's what I used for my V-125 sub. Replaced it years ago. Unfortunately now the fuse blows every time I turn it on... guess I'll get another.

Top Bottom