Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Raspberry PI 4
Main Amp
HiFi Berry AMP+
Computer Audio
online streaming
Front Speakers
two-way open baffle
Running REW from laptop with calibrated mic input. Testing FR of streaming system: Raspberry Pi4 > HiFiBerry Amp+.
System has no inputs, so sweep signal must be loaded from USB Flash and selected for playing via laptop control of Mo0de OS which allows for selection of music files from USB flash drive.
Do I understand that I MUST generate sweep signal from laptop into amp before REW can analyze? My system cannot use REW generated sweep. Thx

malcolmwa

Registered
More  
Raspberry PI 4
Main Amp
HiFi Berry AMP+
Computer Audio
online streaming
Front Speakers
two-way open baffle
Thx so much for the quick reply! I will use that feature. To be honest, I have not gotten into REW deeply as I did not want ot invest in mic before I was sure I could use it.

malcolmwa

Registered
More  
Raspberry PI 4
Main Amp
HiFi Berry AMP+
Computer Audio
online streaming
Front Speakers
two-way open baffle
John, just to clarify, I should have REW generate a sweep file, save it, transfer to USB stick for use by my Raspberry/HiFiBerry system. When taking a measurement, I will click PLAY on the Mo0de browser interface to play the sweep through the connected speaker(s) while I click REW to gather data, right?
I THINK I understand the process, but want to make sure it is clear between both of us.
If this works OK, I will develop an FAQ for using REW to select the desired Camilla DSP profile.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As set out in the help, start by selecting the Measurement sweep signal on the generator, configure the sweep you want to use then use the save to file tab on the generator to save it. There must be a timing reference included as that's what REW uses to start capture. On the Measure dialog select File playback, load the sweep file that will be used so REW can work out its characteristics, then press the Start button to get REW to start listening for the timing signal. When REW shows Waiting for timing reference above the input level display on the Measure dialog play your file on the system to be measured.

malcolmwa

Registered
More  
Raspberry PI 4
Main Amp
HiFi Berry AMP+
Computer Audio
online streaming
Front Speakers
two-way open baffle
Thanks very much for the clarity and the patience.
Yes, I will take the time to read the help file.

I think you can install REW raspberry directly and only use the signal generator function. But it is also possible to do without the PC and use a sound card complete with input directly on the Raspberry and carry out the whole measurement process.

See my post to set up the raspberry correctly.

Top Bottom