Puzzled At Setup

M49

Registered
Dear REW Folks,
I'm trying to understand what I'm seeing here with my basic setup. I'll attach some screenshots below to illustrate.

My rig consists of a Dayton EMM-6 measurement mic (with correction files loaded) feeding into the left input of my Focusrite 2i2 preamp/USB interface. The right output on its backside is looped back into the right input on the front. My speakers are fed from the headphone output on the front. I've have the Direct Monitor button set for bypass. I have REW running on my Mac under macOS Big Sur.

I'm getting unexpected results when I try to calibrate my "Soundcard". Maybe I should just skip that step. But my results lead me to believe that I have an issue. It strikes me that what's being presented as the Soundcard calibration results are instead the microphone response rather than the "Soundcard" itself. Please have a look at these screenshots that illustrate and let me know your take on it:

REW Preferences -> Check Levels.png

sm52

If you have a Focusrite 2i2 preamp/USB interface, use your interface's speaker output. Also install Focusrite ASIO drivers and choose ASIO in REW.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Soundcard calibration calibrates the path that will be used for measurement, so the mic should be replaced by a loopback for the calibration step. Alternatively select the right channel to make the calibration, the channels should be very similar in their response.

Top Bottom