Program Freeze. How to recover dump file?

Tom H

My Beta 36 version crashed today while measuring. I created a dump file (REW_macos_5_20_beta_36.dmg). Is there any way to recover this?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There's no way to recover the measurement, sorry. Was it a sweep measurement or stepped sine? There may be info on the cause of the crash in the log files. They are in a folder called REW in the user library folder, to display it either browse to ~/Library/Logs or open your Home folder in Finder (Shift Command + H), select View > Show View Options then select the checkbox to show the library folder. Can zip the REW folder and attach it here.

Tom H

It was a sweep.

Attachments

• rew_output.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 9
  • roomeq_wizard0.log.txt
    243 bytes · Views: 7
  • roomeq_wizard1.log.txt
    555 bytes · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Those log files are from a machine running Windows 10, but your original post mentions the macOS build?

Tom H

Those log files are from a machine running Windows 10, but your original post mentions the macOS build?
Not sure why the dump file was labelled this way. I just used a windows option to create it. I am running REW v 5.20 Beta 36 running JRE 1.8.0_202 64 bit on Windows 10 per the Help on REW

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The log files show REW is not getting any audio data. That might be an issue with how the interface or driver is set up. Are you using ASIO4All;? If so, how is the ASIO4All control panel configured?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Make sure the input you have selected is available for use and supports the selected sample rate, not sure what to suggest beyond that. Could post a screenshot of the REW soundcard preferences to see if anything looks amiss.

Top Bottom