Problems getting proper input levels with Apogee AD/DA on a Mac for REW

dave_ionic

Registered
More  
DAC
Apogee Symphony MKII
title says it all everytime I try to get proper input level on REW with my Apogee interface it tells me input DB is too low but Apogee does not have volume control on their interfaces for input beyond choosing +4 or -12 .

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Please post a screenshot of your REW soundcard preferences. Are you checking levels with a loopback cable from output to input or sending the signal to a speaker and checking a mic level?

DanDan

Staff member
Hi Dave. Which Apogee are you using? Which Microphone?

DanDan

Staff member
Ahh, a very sophesticated device, even a system. Does it have Mic Preamps? Which Dayton Audio Mic? If it NOT the USB one you will need the Mic Preamps.

dave_ionic

Registered
More  
DAC
Apogee Symphony MKII
Ahh, a very sophesticated device, even a system. Does it have Mic Preamps? Which Dayton Audio Mic? If it NOT the USB one you will need the Mic Preamps.
EM6 I am using the A style preamp on a louder than liftoff Silver Bullet when I shot my old room back in 2016 I was using the same mic into a WA TB15 into a Thunderbolt Ensemble . I also had low input on that one as well but it still took an accurate freq response of the room . This time it’s lower than previous not sure why even with mic level inputs cranked

DanDan

Staff member
I don't know what that Silver Bullet thing is. On a quick look, I see a Mic Preamp Gain of up to 85dB mentioned. How many dBs of Gain are you applying to the Mic?

dave_ionic

Registered
More  
DAC
Apogee Symphony MKII
I don't know what that Silver Bullet thing is. On a quick look, I see a Mic Preamp Gain of up to 85dB mentioned. How many dBs of Gain are you applying to the Mic?
I am cranking it and it’s not making a bit of difference i.n the software funny thing is iI talk into the mic and I get plenty of level. Its strange too because when REW puts out the sinewave it’s got plenty of output level

Top Bottom