N/A
Other Amp
N/A
Front Speakers
ADAM
Subwoofers
ADAM
Hi,
I followed the supported video but I can't take the right measurements.
I have thunderbolt UAD Apollo Quad (sound card) and Nady CM-100 microphone to measure my room. I use Adam A77X as monitors and Adam Sub 10 MK2 as soobwoofer.
I make a connection as was suggested in the video. However, after calibration and setting the sound level, my measurements look weird and not even close to what every possible picture online shows. I attached the picture of the sound card connection and the measurement that I took.
The one thing that I would like to mention is the fact the preferences window looks slightly different than the one on the supported video. I'm not sure if my set up is the reason for poor measurement or I'm doing something wrong. Please advise if you can.
connection.jpg
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• 11.mdat
    6.8 MB · Views: 6

EarlK

( The pic you show of ) REW preference's panel indicates that the active testing channel is actually input channel #2 ( contrary to the red lines you have drawn ).

I looked at the posted mdat file and you've captured a straight line twice > just like I would expect when the input channel is directly fed the test sweep from an output.

Swap around your input assignments ( as seen in your preferences' pic ) and you'll have better success.

:)

Last edited:

chrismeraz

The June 1 measurement was luck - yes, I was working with ASIO4ALL, but I had to make about 15 measurements before I got one without very many clicks in the sweep. It's always been that way and it continues now even after I formatted my drive and reinstalled Windows 10.

I tried ASIO4ALL just now and it's still the same - crazy measurements, lots of clicks in the sweep (all this with a patch cable, I'm not even using a microphone).

I'd like to know why the OP screenshot shows Universal Audio Thunderbolt drivers in the drop-down menu, while mine never has. It seems important...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Looking at that mdat the user has a 64-bit Java installation, the 64-bit JAsioHost dll is more recent than the 32-bit so appears to have Thunderbolt support. You could try uninstalling REW and installing either the 64-bit version of V5.19 (you will need to install a 64-bit Java version first from here) or install the latest V5.20 beta 64-bit version, which will download a 64-bit Java version itself. I'd suggest going with the latest V5.20 beta.

Top Bottom