Problem measuring 6.1 setup

John Warden

I'm running a 6.1 setup through an RME ADI-2 Pro FS which uses the following channel numbering:

Measurement setup.jpg

However, when I attempt to check the speaker connections I get the following error:

Measurement setup failure.jpg

Can you point me in the direction of what I might be doing wrong? Thanks

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
You could try to just run a short measurement. In your case this is equally effective.

Please let us know if it works.

John Warden

Hi, Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand what you mean by a 'short measurement'. And how might that relate to the error message about an invalid channel count? Thanks

John Warden

OK, I wasted some more precious time trying to get this to work.

First I made sure that the lastest RME driver for the soundcard was installed: it is.

Then I made sure that Windows could play to every speaker and hear the microphone: it can.

Then evenutally amongst a host of trial and error unplugging and replugging I think I stumbled across something: if I leave the USB cable to the RME soundcard unplugged while I open the measurement dialogue and change the channel numbers, sample rate to 96kHz and the bit depth to 24bit, and then plug the USB cable in, I can get the channel check and sweeps to work. At least I think that's what I did that's changed the situation. I guess I'll find out the next time I need to remeasure if I'm right.

I ran a few measurements, tweaking the output and mic levels until I got the signal to noise ratio reported as excellent, so hopefully I'm good to go to the next stage.

mccarty350

John, what Bernt is saying is that the longer your measurement window the more likely you are to experience an issue I believe. The actual name of the parameter is 'sweep duration' below:
1687876476231.png

Top Bottom