Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Audible Illusions Modulus 2C
Main Amp
Schiit Audio Vidar
Front Speakers
Linaeum LT1000
After dealing with the graphics issues, I did manage to run the EQ to try and improve the response on the woofers and tweeters, and I created those files for my 2x4HD. But, when I load them into the unit, it says the file only has 325.25 factors, and up to 1024 are supported. For other files, the 325.25 number was something else, but the error (?) message was the same gist.

And after it is loaded - the line stays entirely flat. So, it seems like the file REW creates is not compatible with the 2x4HD? The file is a .txt file - is that correct?

I will try on the other computer that does not have the graphics issues, and maybe everything will be better then?

NeilBlanchard

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Schiit Audio Vidar
Front Speakers
Linaeum LT1000
Okay, I am a newbie, so I probably am doing it wrong. I am creating the EQ files for each driver sweep, and I want to load them into the output channels in the 2x4HD.

Edit: okay I was looking at that PDF, but I missed that part. Thanks!

I will take proper sweeps, and work on the older computer that lets me see the EQ interface. Thanks again!

NeilBlanchard

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Schiit Audio Vidar
Front Speakers
Linaeum LT1000
I had good success today, working on an older computer, and I managed to go from an initial crossover choice that looked like this (and yes the Linaeum tweeter hit 200Hz before dropping below the background):

... to this, in just a few hours:

I think I can get the crossover point better, and I will see if I can better hit the Room Curve in REW. This was swept at a higher volume, because the tweeter had to be lowered 10dB+.

The time it took for speaker designers in the past, I am sure - was months and months. Thank you John Mulcahy!

Top Bottom