Prior measurements lost after last save

deeds

Registered
I'm not sure how this happened, but I had multiple speaker measurements in a file. After opening the file I added some more measurements and saved. Perhaps I saved only the last measurement, but I cannot access the prior measurements anymore.

On looking at the file size, I can tell that all the measurements must be in there, but I can't access them. I can see only the last measurement every time I open the file.

Please let me know how to access all the prior measurements in the file, I really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The mdat file has an entry for how many measurements it contains, that's what REW uses. If you only see one measurement that is all the file contains. If the file has been overwritten your OS may have an earlier version or a backup, if you keep backups.

REW keeps a copy of every measurement made for the last 7 days in a temp folder of the log files folder, e.g. on Windows that is at C:\Users\<your username>\REW\temp

deeds

Registered
Thanks for the quick response, but I checked the temp folder and there is nothing there. Perhaps because this was done a long time ago and I just thought of posting this today.

If I attach the file would anyone be able to help? As I put in a lot of work which I may have to redo.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I can have a look at it. If the file is large you may need to provide a link to it on Drive or some other hosting service.

deeds

Registered
I've been trying to attach files to this thread (using attach files at the bottom), but doesn't seem to work.

Top Bottom