Possibility to have a envelope curve option

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That's a proprietary Acourate feature, no plans to implement anything of that sort, though of course REW has its own proprietary processing to avoid trying to EQ notches and the like.

teyhyrh4r

ok, but how is an envelope a proprietary feature?
I tried auto-eq in REW with 0 individual and overall gain...it says: "nothing to do"

John Mulcahy

REW Author
EQ actions will depend on where the target is relative to the measurement. EQ isn't a level control, so if the measurement is all sitting below or all above the target (for example) there won't be anything to do.

teyhyrh4r

I am totaly aware that REW is not intended to be used on unsmoothed graphs,
but with a target like this:

d.jpg

and 0 boost in the prefs I expected the auto-eq to at least try to bring some of the peaks above down to target, but:

Screenshot_20210924_082008.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I am totaly aware that REW is not intended to be used on unsmoothed graphs,
It is fine to use Auto EQ with or without smoothing. There is nothing in that response which would merit any filters. Whether any are generated would depend on your match range and flatness target settings, but if you think that needs EQ you are mistaken. It looks either severely over-equalised already or not a valid measurement (e.g. a measurement made with a room response as a cal file).

teyhyrh4r

the filter I am creating is a proof of concept. if it is "over-equalised" or not (I only listen in my tight sweet spot) is not the question atm

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
Go thru the graph 'tab' and try each smoothing filter. Also change the settings in the IR Windows button. And the 'Add frequency dependent window' options.

You can visually compare the curve that will be used to generate your EQ file.

I use eqAPO to quickly compare the EQ curves. I create text files for each L/R EQ text exported file, and then add each of those *file names* into eqAPO's 'config.txt' file. Then each EQ file will show as a separate selectable filter.

Top Bottom