Please Evaluate MY IR Plot

RobertM

Registered
This plot is of a single speaker and I'm testing outdoors. The speaker is about 1m above the floor and the nearest obstructions are about 5m away. There are two items in the attached plot I'm concerned about. The first is the continuous signal that has a 1.25% peak, is this noise and unavoidable? Also, at 120ms, there is a noticeable bump and I did not get this when I took measurements at another location and it showed up on every plot I took during that session of measurements. Is this due to a reflection and, therefore, my setup? Should I be concerned about it given its low magnitude? I know I can gate it out, but I'd like to know what it might be.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    475.9 KB · Views: 24

RobertM

Registered
Here is one response file and a photo of my setup.

Attachments

• PC060477-800JPG.JPG
    PC060477-800JPG.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Dec 6 16_14_15 DM R 1m on axis on Deck.mdat
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That is a very odd looking impulse response. There is a lot of high frequency energy very late in the response, and quite odd behaviour ahead of the peak. The spectrogram below, using a 10ms window to better capture the HF behaviour, shows some strange goings-on. There is no output device selection in the file, what are you using for the output chain? Is the device being used for output set to the same 48k sample rate as REW?
spec.png

Top Bottom