Pioneer Elite VSX-LX505 Owners Thread

DragonRM

All it says is Advanced MCACC and it’s separate from the Dirac setup -I haven’t tried it though, I had Pro in the past. I was running 7.1 on my SC95 then 7.2 - I was running 5.2.4 in the end before the 505 And I settled on 7.1.2 at the moment. I haven’t set up the second sub yet but may hold off for now as I think I want to get a 7.2.4 going at some point and set it up then. I think you’d still need the mini dsp if you wanted independent sub control and some type of 2 channel for 2 of the Atmos channels. Aside from the subs all the other channels should be detected by Dirac. I had to do some tweaking on the sub levels after Dirac was done but everything else was pretty spot on. The overall processing on the height speakers is much better on this unit so that’s why I switched it up.

BiggieSmallz

Registered
Does anyone know if this AVR works with Logitech Harmony Hub or any other universal remote that is compatible with Alexa?

I downloaded the user manual for the LX505 but it says Alexa is only capable of adjusting the volume or skipping songs. That seems like a very limited command set for such a versatile AVR.

But I was thinking of connecting a universal remote to it such as the Logitech Harmony Hub, and therefore getting a much bigger command set from Alexa. Has anyone tried using the Logitech Harmony Hub to the LX505?

Basically, I want to use Alexa to switch inputs on the receiver. I want it to be as simple as saying "Alexa, switch to cable box" or "Alexa, switch to outdoor security camera" and things like that.

Ssgtnubb

Registered
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX505
Front Speakers
Goldenear Triton Three+
Center Channel Speaker
Goldenear SuperCenter XL
Surround Back Speakers
Goldenear SuperSat 3
Video Display Device
LG OLED
Does anyone know if this AVR works with Logitech Harmony Hub or any other universal remote that is compatible with Alexa?

I downloaded the user manual for the LX505 but it says Alexa is only capable of adjusting the volume or skipping songs. That seems like a very limited command set for such a versatile AVR.

But I was thinking of connecting a universal remote to it such as the Logitech Harmony Hub, and therefore getting a much bigger command set from Alexa. Has anyone tried using the Logitech Harmony Hub to the LX505?

Basically, I want to use Alexa to switch inputs on the receiver. I want it to be as simple as saying "Alexa, switch to cable box" or "Alexa, switch to outdoor security camera" and things like that.
Curious as well on Logitech Harmony getting an update for the receiver. The remote for mine isn't working at all, thankfully I was able to get the Pioneer app to work.

So far very happy with the receiver, pushing my Goldenear's wonderfully.

HAmmer32261

Registered
My AV System  
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX505
Main Amp
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX505
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB420-K
Front Speakers
Klipsch RB-81II
Center Channel Speaker
Kliisch RP-504c
Surround Speakers
Klipsch RB-61II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch RP-500SA
Subwoofers
Monolith 12in 500w
Video Display Device
Samsung q60a
Admin delete my account

Last edited:

RyanA

Hi All. Does anyone know how to turn off the onscreen volume indicator for the LX505? Thanks for any help

dlaloum

Registered
My AV System  
Integra DTR 70.4
Main Amp
Integra DTR 70.4 / Crown XLS2500
Additional Amp
Quad 606
Computer Audio
HTPC with MediaMonkey
Front Speakers
Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
Center Channel Speaker
Anthony Gallo Reference AV Center
Surround Speakers
PSB Alpha
Screen
Sony X90H
Finally figured it out. Thanks
You might want to leave a note as to how you resolved it.... so the next reader who comes across your question, will also get the answer...

Top Bottom