Opening up a convolution file/correction file is that possible?

Trdat

I have tried on many occaions to open an old measurment correction file but to no avail. In browse filters but it doesn't seem possible.

Is there a way I can open a measurement coorection so I can see what I had done to it for it to sound good?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Under analysis in Audiolense ... open and view correction.

dsnyder0cnn

I have tried on many occaions to open an old measurment correction file but to no avail. In browse filters but it doesn't seem possible.

Is there a way I can open a measurement coorection so I can see what I had done to it for it to sound good?

What software are you using? Do you still have the original sweeps that you used to build the filters?

I ran into this situation with AudioVero's Acourate. I had not been versioning my target curves (I always do now), and I found out that I was disappointed with the results after tweaking an excellent sounding filter. I tried a few times to recreate the magic to no avail…I just could not remember exactly how I had gotten there.

Fortunately, I still had the original sweeps and I did remember the smoothing preparation that I applied to them before inverting them over the target. So, I did the same preparation and then convolved the results with the correction file. this produced the target curve. The Target curve was not perfect…it had a few notches taken out where there are uncorrected nulls (non-minimum phase behavior), but it enabled me to iterate on curve parameters until I had something that overlaid the shape of the original curve perfectly.

I don't know if REW has a similar way to go about this…I've never used REW for Room EQ, ironically. I only use REW for analysis and final verification of the results I achieve via Acorate and Dirac. Good luck!

Iainmc

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
PC
I also have encountered this problem. I do like to tweak, adjust and experiment (my problem I know) and often loose track of where I am or how I got there. Can I suggest that a measurment, smoothing, settings and correction can be saved as a project file so that you can always return to a known good starting point.

dsnyder0cnn

I also have encountered this problem. I do like to tweak, adjust and experiment (my problem I know) and often loose track of where I am or how I got there. Can I suggest that a measurment, smoothing, settings and correction can be saved as a project file so that you can always return to a known good starting point.
Yeah. It would be nice if all room correction software had infinite "undo" and the various state changes were saved in the project files so that you can get back to any state. Acourate does save most of this information in an Acourate.ini file, which is a huge help. I find Acourate and REW complement each other quite nicely.

2234rew

Looks like this is exactly what @Omid requested in another thread too.

Gets my +1

Trdat

What software are you using? Do you still have the original sweeps that you used to build the filters?

I don't know if REW has a similar way to go about this…I've never used REW for Room EQ, ironically. I only use REW for analysis and final verification of the results I achieve via Acorate and Dirac. Good luck!

I'm using Audiolense and unfortunately I can't remember the measurement nor any of the tweaking.

Trdat

Yeah. It would be nice if all room correction software had infinite "undo" and the various state changes were saved in the project files so that you can get back to any state. Acourate does save most of this information in an Acourate.ini file, which is a huge help. I find Acourate and REW complement each other quite nicely.

This is exactly what we need.

I am using convolution for when my speakers where in a totally different position but the filter still sound great. There must be a secret to what I had done and need to figure it out. An option like the above will help.

dsnyder0cnn

I'm using Audiolense and unfortunately I can't remember the measurement nor any of the tweaking.
Yeah…if you had the original sweeps, it might be possible to derive the target curve. Otherwise, it's back to square one. Good luck!

Top Bottom